• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Much Angst Has The Waiting For Your Elio Caused?

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have tried to put it out of my mind and not really pay much attention to delays.
I do have to make decisions based on my current needs and now I find myself in need of a new or newer car.
What am I to do?
I am making decisions right now based on not getting an Elio.
That is not my want nor what I want to believe, but that is my reality.
How are the rest of you fairing on these types of decisions?

P.S. the anti Elio crowd does not need to weigh in on this. Only want to hear from those that have some skin into the game.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was in the same kind of situation, my Subaru died, and I have other cars (no ac, bad on gas, tinker toys) but I wouldn't trust them to take me to work every day, so I had to bite the bullet and just buy a 'stop-gap' car (Fiat 500). No regrets, now I can comfortably wait, if it takes another year and a half (I know bite my tongue) it really wont matter too much..

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am in a situation where I will be needing a new "auto" soon. Ride the Harley asuch as possible Spring, Summer, And Fall but Winter is a different story. I am guessing my current car will last another year without major maint expenses. I am single and I am slightly strapped financially, so the Elio is a real good fit. I have a $500 all in reservation so if I have to wait until the end of 2016 I won't be upset. After that, angst may set in.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had to take the wife's Jeep to work. My suby seemingly blew every seal in the tranny on the way home a week or so ago. Got a replacement on the way but definitely not looking forward to pulling it....To work on Subaru's, you must have hands the size of a 5 yr. old girl., or a great collection of extensions and universals.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had to take the wife's Jeep to work. My suby seemingly blew every seal in the tranny on the way home a week or so ago. Got a replacement on the way but definitely not looking forward to pulling it....To work on Subaru's, you must have hands the size of a 5 yr. old girl., or a great collection of extensions and universals.
Subaru's are a tough vehicle (tough to work on)
I loved mine, but $14,000 in repairs in 5 years was too much to live with..

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Mine's a '92 SVX with over 200k on it (they're the Suby's with the crazy windows). Got a spare engine for it that'll probably go in the '73 Porsche 914. Love the car...it's pretty unique. Handles fantastic, AWD, and plenty of get-up-and-go...Just dread working on it. The whole underside is dripping with tranny fluid, and I'll probably end up having to cut my new[ish] exhaust to get the tranny out.:confused:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine's a '92 SVX with over 200k on it (they're the Suby's with the crazy windows). Got a spare engine for it that'll probably go in the '73 Porsche 914. Love the car...it's pretty unique. Handles fantastic, AWD, and plenty of get-up-and-go...Just dread working on it. The whole underside is dripping with tranny fluid, and I'll probably end up having to cut my new[ish] exhaust to get the tranny out.:confused:
I feel for you, Id need 4 clean weekends for that one..

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Watching Wheeler Dealers fix a WRX (replace trans and head) that would cure me of trying to fix myself.

just getting to the trans was crazy. AWD makes hard and no room to work.

One of the worst cars I ever owned was a Booruu. That 1985 wagon tried to bleed me dry.
got rid of it after only 80,000 miles and enough repair bills to buy a new car. The funny thing was I got rid of a Dodge ram charger because of the expense of running it. The Booruu made the Ram Charger look like an econobox on repairs. That thing Ran rougher that my garden tractor.
I know that most people did not experience this type of ownership.

Last edited:
Top Bottom