• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Give Up

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I cannot figure out what I need to do to get the topics which I have read to be greyed out. I know that if I refresh the viewed topics are greyed out. But sometimes they are greyed out when I hit the back arrow and sometimes they are not. Is there something I have to do to have the read topics consistently greyed out when I use my browser's back arrow to go back to the New Topics page?

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I cannot figure out what I need to do to get the topics which I have read to be greyed out. I know that if I refresh the viewed topics are greyed out. But sometimes they are greyed out when I hit the back arrow and sometimes they are not. Is there something I have to do to have the read topics consistently greyed out when I use my browser's back arrow to go back to the New Topics page?

Hmmmm to "refresh" I click the what's new tab at the top and when I'm in a thread (done reading) just click what's new again and what you've read will disappear until something new is posted in it. Hope that helps.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My point is that sometimes hitting the back arrow works (greys out the topic just read) and sometimes it doesn't. It is really convenient when it does work as I can immediately see the next topic to click on. Maybe if I keep at it I will figure out how to get it to work the way that I want it to.

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok... this is what I believe is going on, and FYI I work in IT for a living and have been a forum moderator before.

The green 'buttons" on the forum main page alert the user that there are new posts in that sub-forum, which can mean ANY thread within. For example:

Screenshot #1 shows two sub-forums for me, Forum Rules, Site Suggestions & Help which is grayed out and Introduce Yourself is not (along with Site news)
ElioForum1.jpg

The reason for this is because I went in for the purpose of this explanation and 'read' every single thread by going to the last page of each one, sitting for 10 seconds, and then clicking on the green navigation bar at the top of this screenshot (where it says Welcome to Elioowners.com - which is the main Forum page). Notice there are no blue dots under the Forum Rules, Site Suggestions, & Help sub-forum...

ElioForum2.jpg

Now here we are in the Introduce Yourself forum... the one with the green button in the first screenshot, it shows several blue dots indicating that I have threads/new messages I have not read yet. If I were to go through every one of those, the green button would turn gray again.

ElioForum3.jpg

I hope this helps.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok... this is what I believe is going on, and FYI I work in IT for a living and have been a forum moderator before.

The green 'buttons" on the forum main page alert the user that there are new posts in that sub-forum, which can mean ANY thread within. For example:

Screenshot #1 shows two sub-forums for me, Forum Rules, Site Suggestions & Help which is grayed out and Introduce Yourself is not (along with Site news)
ElioForum1.jpg

The reason for this is because I went in for the purpose of this explanation and 'read' every single thread by going to the last page of each one, sitting for 10 seconds, and then clicking on the green navigation bar at the top of this screenshot (where it says Welcome to Elioowners.com - which is the main Forum page). Notice there are no blue dots under the Forum Rules, Site Suggestions, & Help sub-forum...

ElioForum2.jpg

Now here we are in the Introduce Yourself forum... the one with the green button in the first screenshot, it shows several blue dots indicating that I have threads/new messages I have not read yet. If I were to go through every one of those, the green button would turn gray again.

ElioForum3.jpg

I hope this helps.
Thank you for the explanation and demonstration. I have been following this thread even though I didn't really understand what the question was. Now I understand both the question and the answer. It is so nice to have such valuable members in this group. :-) Z

Top Bottom