• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Had An Epiphany Last Week...

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, my '92 Subaru SVX has always been a car that kept me honing my auto mechanic skills as there seemed to always be something that required me to break out the floor jack and stands. It's an automatic and two weeks ago Thurs. it died pulling out of the driveway heading to work [3am]. Felt like backing up with a standard transmission and not engaging the clutch when braking. Anyway, same morning I'm flying down the highway and hit the cigarette lighter and ALL the dashlights and climate control goes out :mad:! THAT'S IT! TIRED OF MESSING WITH THIS CAR!! Got on Carfax and Cars.com looking for something that "tripped my trigger" and I could drop cash and buy outright. Found a sweet '12 Cadillac CTS Coupe not too far away for $18k [KBB average], so went to check it out. It was love at first sight! I threw an almost insulting low-ball offer, $13.5k cash. I figured the worst that could happen is they'd laugh in my face and kick me off their car lot. Went back and forth, and back and forth, and settle on $14k period including all the little things that dealers like to add on to the bottom line. They took it!:eek: I've been driving it for a week now, and that's when it hit me [the epiphany!] I've been driving CRAP my entire life!! The plan is [but may turn into a 'was'] selling the Caddy when the Elio FINALLY shows up. We'll see when the time comes, I'm getting spoiled by the ride of this baby. Anyway, she looks identical to the pic below. :clap2:

2012_cadillac_cts-v_coupe-pic-2017341801635028591.jpg

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice Caddy! Personally, I love 60s cars, and have been thinking of buying my first collector/vintage car. I've always loved the 64 to 66 T-Birds. The 65 is my favorite. first year front disc brakes, best trim pieces (in my opinion), and the 64 hood shape. They're not high dollar, and lots of them out there. Thinking about spending my Elio fund on one. The way things are going with EM, I should have time to save up again for an Elio if they ever go into production.

Ford-Thunderbird-1965-1024-01.jpg

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just thought that we need a little Humor! A woman goes into a Bass pro shop to buy a rod and real for her grandson. She picked up one and takes it to a associate at the counter. The associate was wearing Dark glasses. She says,"Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me if this is a good rod and reel? He says, "Ma'am, I am blind; but if you will drop it on the counter I can tell you everything about it. She has doubt, but drops it anyway. He says that's a six foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a 404 Zebco reel with a 10 lb. test line. A good choice and is on sale for $20.00 bucks. She says, That's amazing, I will take it. She opens her purse and a credit card drops to the floor. Oh, that sounds like a master card he says. When she bent over to pick it up she breaks wind. She thought that being blind he could not tell that it came from her. The man rings up the sale and says,"that will be $34.50 please. She says how did you get $34.50, you told me it was $20.00 ! He replies, The rod and reel is $20,00, the duck call is $11.00 and the Bear repellent is $3.50 . :D

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice Caddy! Personally, I love 60s cars, and have been thinking of buying my first collector/vintage car. I've always loved the 64 to 66 T-Birds. The 65 is my favorite. first year front disc brakes, best trim pieces (in my opinion), and the 64 hood shape. They're not high dollar, and lots of them out there. Thinking about spending my Elio fund on one. The way things are going with EM, I should have time to save up again for an Elio if they ever go into production.

View attachment 21715

If Elio tanks I get one of these..........2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible.

de8f136699c94625b79470f60ce6e825.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom