• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Own A Polaris Slingshot But Also Want To Own An Elio.

Mac Carver

Reaction score
I have a new 2016 LE Polaris Slingshot with the optional roll cage and removable canvas top. It is black and looks like the Batmobile and is super fun to drive, much more so than my Mazda Miata or MGB sports cars. The Slingshot is fast, handles very well in corners and tops out over 130. The highway patrol who got me after I pulled into a rest area told me I was clocked at 131 and I was still in four
The batmobile.jpg
th with a gear to go but slowed down when spotting the trooper. I am not a speed demon, but just had to open it up one time to see what happens.

I am looking forward to getting an ELIO just to add to my collections and easy cruising on rainy days. Wish the Elio had a sliding moon roof to enjoy the mountain views like I do in the slingshot.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mac and welcome to the forum; really glad you decided to join us here.
Make your self at home and don't be shy; everyone here is glad to help.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a new 2016 LE Polaris Slingshot with the optional roll cage and removable canvas top. It is black and looks like the Batmobile and is super fun to drive, much more so than my Mazda Miata or MGB sports cars. The Slingshot is fast, handles very well in corners and tops out over 130. The highway patrol who got me after I pulled into a rest area told me I was clocked at 131 and I was still in fourView attachment 7826 th with a gear to go but slowed down when spotting the trooper. I am not a speed demon, but just had to open it up one time to see what happens.

I am looking forward to getting an ELIO just to add to my collections and easy cruising on rainy days. Wish the Elio had a sliding moon roof to enjoy the mountain views like I do in the slingshot.

hopefully you weren't on Saluda when you hit 130 ..:eek:.. welcome indeed .... we are heading west to Candler this morning .... will be coming down I-26 on Dec 28

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a new 2016 LE Polaris Slingshot with the optional roll cage and removable canvas top. It is black and looks like the Batmobile and is super fun to drive, much more so than my Mazda Miata or MGB sports cars. The Slingshot is fast, handles very well in corners and tops out over 130. The highway patrol who got me after I pulled into a rest area told me I was clocked at 131 and I was still in fourth with a gear to go but slowed down when spotting the trooper. I am not a speed demon, but just had to open it up one time to see what happens.

I know what you mean. I've already staked out my set of interstate that I'm going to use to test speed limits. "Gee, officer, are you sure your equipment is working right? I mean, look at this thing. Do you really think it could be going THAT fast?"

What I'm wondering, though, is what you've done to the tractor in the background to tweak its speed. Maybe tractor drag racing? :D

Top Bottom