• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Will Buy One For Sure

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I was thinking on paying in full when they were in production. From what I've read it looks like I have to put down the thousand dollar deposit. Well I will but what is the fourth waiting list? Is it the full payment?

Hi Hugh, welcome to the forum!

The simple answer is, how long are you willing to wait. If you'd like one during the first year of production, which possibly starts around Sept 2015, then you need to do a deposit. If you'd like it sooner than later, the $1000 non-refundable deposit is what you want.

Not sure what you mean by the fourth waiting list.

I do know that Elio Motors will not take full payment, the most they'll take is the maximum deposit, $1000. Then when your vehicle is within several weeks, they'll contact you, and you can make full payment then if you like.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking on paying in full when they were in production. From what I've read it looks like I have to put down the thousand dollar deposit. Well I will but what is the fourth waiting list? Is it the full payment?
WELCOME, Hugharnold.

Great to have you on board with us. Congratulations on joining the revolution. . . . The ELIO REVOLUTION!

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Hugharnold. It's your option to put any money down. Like Jeff said, Elio Motors will not take more than the $1000 max deposit. When your # or place in line starts to come close, EM will let you know and maybe ask the color and transmission you want and give you a delivery date so you can prepare to buy it. That's my guess from what if been reading. But hey, either way, you will get one sooner or later, if you want.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon again, Hugharnold. Enjoy the forum. It is a great place to learn and share ideas about the Elo. :-) Z

Top Bottom