• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

If I Was Mr. Elio

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I was Mr. Elio I would consider my 1K all in people as one of my greatest assets. They feel strongly about the Elio and have some "skin in the game". IIWME I would send my 1k people stuff they could give to interested people. My tire dealer and the two mechanics I go to are interested in the Elio and would put up a calendar or poster in their shops. I would give people cards if I had them. IIWME I would look at where my 1K people hang out and try to reach others who have the potential to become 1K people. For example, a very unscientific analysis of the people in this group tells me that a large number of them are current or former motorcycle owners yet the Elio did not make an appearance at Sturgis.
Pep boys would have a big poster up at each facility and material to hand out. I would not ignore 5 or 6 Midwestern states ( see reference to Sturgis above) as there are many potential buyers here. And finally I am way out of my depth here but IIWME I would be selling stock in this venture if that is possible at this stage of the game. Publicity and thousands of investors who would be promoting Elio all over the place. I have been very impressed by the wit and wisdom displayed in these discussions and am sure that others can come up with more and better suggestions than these. Have at it. Larry

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excellent suggestions. As far as I am concerned the 1K givers are actually default stock owners, expecting a 50% return on their investment. Last month I upgraded my "ownership" to to 1 K level. How long will it be before I receive my "number"?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I was Mr. Elio I would consider my 1K all in people as one of my greatest assets. . . .
Interesting thoughts. I have noticed some items on this website end up in the Elio thinking and actions. A lot depends on it being the right moment for the item. Of course for each action taken, there was some prior up-front thinking, planning and preparation. Between now and then, I call the silence, when not much seems to be happening, but actually was. Do not be surprised if a suggestion becomes action in the future.
One should always make the most down-to earth, logical and concise argument possible. That has the best chance of ignition. -you did OK-

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You cant just wake up one day and start a public company (sell stock). As most things in life these days there are rules and requirements. You can use Google (or the search engine of your choice) to find out what they are. They (Elio Motors) seem to have a real good handle on what they are doing from my seat. This is a very small start up company leveraging there suppliers to get running. Give up a single sale? Even regions? I don't think so. What they need to do is get started with production to move forward with any speed. There is a lot of work being done to finalize the production form. Spend 10 minutes reading some of the venom that the all in crowd writes and you could convince yourself that some of them are the companies greatest liability.

Buy 25 people lunch (current staffing?) and see how far our deposits go...

Ronald Levesque

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can be Mr Elio, just come up with a concept car as cool or cooler then the Elio and run with your concept idea.....Not so easy as that I'm sure and Elio Motors seems to know whats working for them right now and the best thing they can do is to deliver their promised vehicle in a timely manner and his Elio should then begin selling themselves without all that much trouble at all.
If I was Mr. Elio I would consider my 1K all in people as one of my greatest assets. They feel strongly about the Elio and have some "skin in the game". IIWME I would send my 1k people stuff they could give to interested people. My tire dealer and the two mechanics I go to are interested in the Elio and would put up a calendar or poster in their shops. I would give people cards if I had them. IIWME I would look at where my 1K people hang out and try to reach others who have the potential to become 1K people. For example, a very unscientific analysis of the people in this group tells me that a large number of them are current or former motorcycle owners yet the Elio did not make an appearance at Sturgis.
Pep boys would have a big poster up at each facility and material to hand out. I would not ignore 5 or 6 Midwestern states ( see reference to Sturgis above) as there are many potential buyers here. And finally I am way out of my depth here but IIWME I would be selling stock in this venture if that is possible at this stage of the game. Publicity and thousands of investors who would be promoting Elio all over the place. I have been very impressed by the wit and wisdom displayed in these discussions and am sure that others can come up with more and better suggestions than these. Have at it. Larry

Last edited:

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You cant just wake up one day and start a public company (sell stock). As most things in life these days there are rules and requirements. You can use Google (or the search engine of your choice) to find out what they are. They (Elio Motors) seem to have a real good handle on what they are doing from my seat. This is a very small start up company leveraging there suppliers to get running. Give up a single sale? Even regions? I don't think so. What they need to do is get started with production to move forward with any speed. There is a lot of work being done to finalize the production form. Spend 10 minutes reading some of the venom that the all in crowd writes and you could convince yourself that some of them are the companies greatest liability.

As far as I know Mr. Elio woke up some time in 2008 with the basic idea of the Elio in mind and knew at the time he would have to come up with the funds to make it a reality. There may be good reasons why he has not taken his company public but I don't think he has not had enough time to do so. I eat lunch on an expense account often and my deposit (1K) would buy lunch all week for 25 people. That is if they ate in the kind of places where I eat. I don't order the endangered species kabobs though, and would not expect them to do so either. I agree that the single most important thing the company can do to insure sales is to produce a product. I was talking about getting the biggest bang for the buck from the efforts of some of the other people on the team. I am sure that of the 25 currently on staff there is someone in charge of marketing the product. I was offering suggestions that might help that person do a better job with the resources at his disposal.
I am semi-retired, have done some volunteering in the past and have another suggestion. If the Elio team comes to my area I will be glad to wear a T-shirt that says I am all in for 1k and answer questions from the people who come to see the Elio. I would expect to refer all but the most common questions to the paid staff but could take quite a bit of the load off because I understand that the same few questions make up the bulk of those that are asked. To save time and space I will just list my answers. 84 MPG highway, $6800, Shreveport LA USA, Air/AMFM/3 airbags, fall of 2015.
I understand that some people shift into attack mode when they post replies to messages. I tend to ignore them because they rarely add anything constructive to the conversation. Larry

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? So which comes first, starting production, which drives sales through availability, or having enough sales to fund production? All start-ups face this problem. Elio could, in fact, offer stock via the OTC market, but certainly doesn't want to at this stage; well-heeled private investors are more important right now than small investors (except, of course, for those who have "invested" by going all-in on an iffy product).

What Paul needs to do is visit some mega-shark-tank (aka the Federal government dept of energy, and its ATVM program) to raise manufacturing dollars. In fact, the company is doing that.

What Elio COULD do is encourage all of us reservation holders to let the Dept. of Energy know how important the Elio is to us and to the nation. But Elio likes to play the behind-the-scenes stuff close to the vest, and is an introvert to boot, so I doubt he'd yell out loud for this kind of help.
________
I think the Pep Boys poster / cards idea is terrific. Perhaps nobody thought of it, or perhaps there's reluctance to advertise something that doesn't yet exist. But I still think it's a grand idea.

Top Bottom