• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm In... Any Idea On Options?

Bill G

Reaction score
I'm new and all in. Ordered mine 8/25. Been studying the site & blogs. Good stuff. Thanks y'all. Told a few buddies and I know for sure 3 of them ordered "all-in" this past week.

On options, aside from color, auto/manual, leather, pop-out rear windows,stereo/GPS, and maybe a sun roof, any one know about other options that may be available? I would like to see some different front fender/wheel choices too. The earlier prototype wheel configurations are so much more appealing. This Elio would look sweet with some Foose wheels. Ya, maybe I loose 2 miles per gallon - no big deal.. Also prefer the a uniform color rear than the contrasting black plastic back end. Maybe I'll have to do a custom color change myself? Pep Boys planning on selling touch up paint? Engine options with a small turbo maybe?

Oh, can I get a custom Paul E signature on the dash - like what Carroll Shelby did on some of his race cars?

Looking forward to getting mine :)

Oh, I got a 58 Custom Studebaker for sale. Gets 8Mpg...

Bill in So Cal

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm new and all in. Ordered mine 8/25. Been studying the site & blogs. Good stuff. Thanks y'all. Told a few buddies and I know for sure 3 of them ordered "all-in" this past week.

On options, aside from color, auto/manual, leather, pop-out rear windows,stereo/GPS, and maybe a sun roof, any one know about other options that may be available? I would like to see some different front fender/wheel choices too. The earlier prototype wheel configurations are so much more appealing. This Elio would look sweet with some Foose wheels. Ya, maybe I loose 2 miles per gallon - no big deal.. Also prefer the a uniform color rear than the contrasting black plastic back end. Maybe I'll have to do a custom color change myself? Pep Boys planning on selling touch up paint? Engine options with a small turbo maybe?

Oh, can I get a custom Paul E signature on the dash - like what Carroll Shelby did on some of his race cars?

Bill in So Cal
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Bill. I just posted some new event information for So Cal in the California regional thread. I'm glad you have been enjoying this forum. Great people here. There is a lot of discussion about turbos but the current Elio format is inappropriate per EM. Enjoy more reading and this journey to Elio production and ownership. We are hoping to get our numbers next week. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
They are basically saying the engine is not meant to be boosted...not built to stand up to it, but they all say that!
:D

They say the engine is not meant to be boosted but then have also said IAV engineers have been working on a turbo kit and that Comau has left room on the assembly line for a future turbo option.

Reading between the lines what I believe is happening is that the current engine components are not engineered with a turbo in mind however this does not mean that the block could not handle it. Sometime in the future I would not be surprised at all to see a higher performance engine variant offered with beefed up internals and a more advanced head design to go along with a turbo.

Last edited:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score

Bill in So Cal
Welcome :)

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Bill in So Cal
WOW!!! So many "new members" joining our Elio Family! WELCOME, and CONGRATULATIONS, Bill. The more folks we share our dream with, the more sign on. . . . . please, Bill, KEEP TELLING EVERYONE!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Bill in So Cal
Welcome from New Mexico. Congratulations on getting your buddies to reserve their Elio's. Won't long and you can form your own Elio group.

Top Bottom