• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

In The News

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it... quoting from that same article:
"But existing plans for Elio Motors to lease space at the plant are still a go, according to Williams, Thibodeaux, Bowman, Cox, Epperson, Linn and Smith.
“Negotiations are going on, but Elio and Stuart Lichter still have the lease,” Cox said."

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Comau to Build Elio Three-Wheel VehiclesSouthfield, Mich. – Feb. 10, 2014 – Comau Inc., a global leader in the development and
implementation of engineering solutions for sustainable automation and production, has
been selected by Elio Motors as its automation partner. Comau will provide Elio with
powertrain and automated assembly systems to build its revolutionary three-wheel, high
efficiency vehicle. Slated to begin production in the fourth quarter of 2014 and available
in the U.S. by the first quarter of 2015, the Elio will be built in a plant in Shreveport, LA.
Comau Powertrain Systems will be used to machine and assemble the Elio’s inline 3-
cylinder, 55 horsepower engine, while Comau Body Welding Systems will design, build
and install systems to assemble the vehicle’s welded space frame and apply the interior
and exterior composite body panels (floorpan, bodysides, roof, doors, hood, trunk and
fenders) to the frame. Elio is also considering using Comau’s After Sales team to
conduct plant health assessments in order to optimize reutilization of assets, as well as
Comau Robotics for specialty robotic applications throughout the assembly process.
“We are very pleased to be partnering with Elio Motors on the assembly of this unique
three-wheel vehicle,” said Kirk Goins, COO Comau NAFTA. “Our long-standing
leadership in customized automation systems for the automotive market will optimize
the entire assembly process for the Elio providing energy efficient manufacturing
solutions.”
"I am humbled and honored to have Comau be an important part of our project,” said
Paul Elio, Founder and CEO Elio Motors. “Comau technology is used by car
manufacturers all over the world and Elio Motors is fortunate to have their expertise and
experience as part of our team.”
The fun and functional Elio, which was shown at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
in early January, features two wheels in front, one in back and seats two people (one in
front and one in back). It carries a $6,800 price tag, gets 672 miles of highway driving
on one tank of gas (84 miles per gallon highway), can reach speeds of over 100 miles
per hour, is built in America and is engineered to a 5-star safety rating.
About Elio
Elio Motors was born out of Paul Elio’s vision for an efficient and affordable,
revolutionary vehicle. The American made, three-wheel vehicle engineered for a 5-star
safety rating boasts 84 mpg on the highway and 49 mpg in the city. At $6,800, this
vehicle is for everyone. For more information, please visit
http://www.eliomotors.com or
www.facebook.com/ElioMotors
About Comau
Comau is the worldwide leader in manufacturing flexible, automatic systems and
integrating products, processes and services that increase efficiency while lowering
overall costs. Headquartered in Turin, Italy, with an international network that spans 13
countries, Comau uses the latest technology and processes to deliver advanced turnkey
systems that consistently exceed the expectations of its customers. Comau specializes
in body welding & assembly, powertrain machining & assembly, robotics & maintenance
as well as environmental services for a wide range of industrial sectors. The continuous
expansion and improvement of its product range enables Comau to guarantee
customized assistance at all phases of a project -- from design, implementation and
installation, to production start-up and maintenance services.
For further information about Comau‘s consolidated experience and its vast portfolio of
products and services supporting the automotive sector, visit
www.comau.com
Contact for journalists:
Dick Pacini
dpacini@millerschingroup.com
press@comau
WAYNE,Today at 11:30 AMEditDeleteReport

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good afternoon folks,

I've been lurking around the forum for months but haven't signed up until today.
Today I searched Elio Motors for the heck of it and this story popped up first.
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140424/NEWS0503/304240005/

I'm discouraged by this story.
Hi JellyBelio, welcome from Oregon. I think worrying about this article at this time is a waste of energy. I do know that back when Elio first started pursuing the Shreveport property there was a woman on the Parish Council or whatever they are called who was totally opposed to the entire idea. She even went to court to block it. She may be the one spreading these stories. Unfortunately I do not remember her name but it is possible it is the same woman mentioned in this news report. Nothing like stirring up the negative pot to discourage possible reservationists. As for me, I give Paul Elio my vote of confidence. The Elio will be built. I hope you will join me and enjoy the adventure of this journey to that destination. :) Z

Edit: From KSLA News August 2013
Dist. 7 Commissioner Stephanie Lynch was the lone holdout in the commission's approval of the deal, and soon after filed suit in Caddo District Court against the commission and the Industrial IDB, seeking to keep the proposed transaction from taking place. The suit claims the deal may violate state law regarding the use of taxpayer dollars for the benefit of for-profit entities.

This is the very same commissioner who is convinced Elio is not going to happen. She is the only one out 12 who voted against Elio. As I said above, I am not worried. Z

Last edited:

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong, and I could be...

But what I have seen in different articles is that the Shreveport LA plant area/compound is " 4 Million square feet ", Elio will only be using at this time less then half of that area for their plant, with a contract to be able use more of the plant compound in the future... I have seen at least three different articles about company's moving into that Shreveport LA plant compound... one of the company's is only using 200,000 sf... out of 4 Million square feet, 200,000 sf.. is not that big... I have no records or files to back this data up... just little articles seen here and there...
Keep the faith... Elio will Rise!!

Proud to be... an Elio owner... soon...#2225 ( going with Marshmallow with Sour Apple strips )

Top Bottom