• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Inc.com: How This New Car Company Could Soon Beat Tesla At Its Own Game

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"The extra liquidity should help Elio fulfill its big plans to sell its cars, which are slated for delivery in late 2016, according to a company spokesman. The cars have an affordable price tag of $6,800 and, the company says, extreme fuel efficiency of 84 miles per gallon. Those features conceivably could give manufacturers of more expensive electric cars--including Tesla, whose lowest-priced vehicle currently costs about $70,000--some new competition.

The low price will certainly be appealing to many consumers, particularly for those who are less up-market than the typical Tesla buyer, says James Gillette, an independent automobile industry analyst in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Still, he says, "I am skeptical [Elio] can make money doing this."

http://www.inc.com/jeremy-quittner/...n-new-era-for-small-business-fundraising.html

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Recently-
UPDATE, February 2016: We're getting close to the March 2016 mark when Elon Musk told the world that Tesla would reveal the Model 3, it's new, more affordable take on the electric car. But Musk now says the event at the end of next month may not, in fact, be a full reveal. Musk promised only "the first pictures of the Model 3," meaning some of the details about the much-anticipated EV could remain in a dark deeper into 2016.

Musk also confirmed, in a Feb. 9 interview with Bloomberg, that the Model 3 will meet its promised price tag of $35,000, and that's before government incentives that could drive it significantly lower.

gallery-1434549829-tesla-math.jpg

Getty
UPDATE, September 3, 2015: Tesla chief Elon Musk took to Twitter last night, as he is wont to do, to drop some key facts about the upcoming Model 3, Tesla's take on an affordable EV. Production will start in two years, which jibes with what we already knew. Musk also teased fans, however, by promising to reveal the car in March of next year.

underline/bold me, hope the E gets to market first!!

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have also seen it announced that while the Model 3 will meet its base price promise of $35k, you won't be able to buy a base model for quite some time, possibly for more than a year after they start selling them. They will build only loaded, high profit models until they recoup their development costs.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first time I have seen Tesla charging stations. This is at MP 222 (Nephi) on I-15 in central Utah.

Incidentally, they are not listed on Teslas' charging stations map.

(I hate that Tesla went with proprietary charging stations.)

Attachments

• IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0692.JPG
    IMG_0692.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 186
Top Bottom