• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Interesting Tool

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I ran across a wire stripper/cutter tool from Crescent, the likes of which, I've never seen before .... I believe it to be a CRESCENT CCP8V Home Hand Tools Pliers Combo ---- https://www.amazon.com/CRESCENT-CCP...ords=Crescent+Wire+Stripper+Cutter+combo+tool ---- as can be seen below, the handles can be manipulated so as to use the wire cutter or the wire stripper .... our daughter works for the company that controls the manufacture and distribution of this and several other major brands of tools .... when she brought home the one shown below I found it to be intriguing

Attachments

• IMG_8950.JPG
    IMG_8950.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_8952.JPG
    IMG_8952.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_8954.JPG
    IMG_8954.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_8956.JPG
    IMG_8956.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_8959.JPG
    IMG_8959.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 244

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have found my best tools at the flea market. I have a made in USA linesman plier probably from the early 60's, I could hang from the telephone pole with that thing, very powerful. Also have a duckbill plier that is very useful, but very hard to find anymore.

I guess this duel tool could be useful if I was still in the field, and wanted one less tool on my belt. I like that kind of stripper, used right clean cutting and no nicks in the wire.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ran across a wire stripper/cutter tool from Crescent, the likes of which, I've never seen before .... I believe it to be a CRESCENT CCP8V Home Hand Tools Pliers Combo ---- https://www.amazon.com/CRESCENT-CCP...ords=Crescent+Wire+Stripper+Cutter+combo+tool ---- as can be seen below, the handles can be manipulated so as to use the wire cutter or the wire stripper .... our daughter works for the company that controls the manufacture and distribution of this and several other major brands of tools .... when she brought home the one shown below I found it to be intriguing
That is pretty good. I have a similar tool but it has long nosed pliers on one side with a flat plier on the other. Both have cutting capabilities but I haven't seen anything like those wiring pliers you have there. I could surely use a pair!

Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get suspicious when a tool can do multiple things.
If it does 2 things, it does those things half as well.
I don't know. A claw hammer can drive a nail and pull a nail. As a plumber, I can tell you a pipe wrench can serve as two tools. I've used em to put in/take out pipe & used em to beat hell out of something. Better than crawling out from under a house to get the proper hammer.:smash:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know. A claw hammer can drive a nail and pull a nail. As a plumber, I can tell you a pipe wrench can serve as two tools. I've used em to put in/take out pipe & used em to beat hell out of something. Better than crawling out from under a house to get the proper hammer.:smash:
I also use my pipe wrench as a crow bar, paper weight, door stop, ...

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a Taiwan made pliers very similar to this one that I had found on sale at the local farm store. It had the wire stripper on one side and diagonal cutters on the other side. These were my "go-to" tool for electrical work on the boat while I was still working. I would often find myself crammed into a fairly inaccessible corner, and the less that I had to have in there with me, the easier the job was. They were as handy as a pocket on a shirt. :D:cool:

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Have to agree on the pipe wrench! A 24" or 36" pipe wrench can also be used to tighten nuts that are bigger than the wrenches you have on board. They'll even survive a cheater pipe used over the handle. Don't ask me how I know this...:D

Top Bottom