• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

Sol Beach

Elio Fan
Reaction score
ELIO_LOGO_R_2328x1144.jpg
March 17, 2015

Dear XXXXXXX,

I often get asked what it feels like to be in the process of making history by bringing the Elio to market. I can say it has been an incredibly interesting and exciting ride that very few people have the privilege to experience. Which is probably why the desire to be part of the Elio Motors story is so appealing and I am often asked, “How can I invest in Elio Motors?”

So, I took that question to heart and together with the Elio team we worked towards making this option possible to those equally passionate.

Starting tomorrow, your chance to own a stake in Elio Motors has become a reality. Elio Motors is offering an opportunity to invest in the company to those of you that meet “Accredited Investor” status as defined by law. This means that as an “Accredited Investor” you can make a minimum initial investment of $15,000.

As of March 18, 2015 you can download the necessary paperwork to confirm your eligibility by going to http://eliomotors.com/investor-inquiries/.

Thank you for your continued support and let’s make history together.

Pauls-Signature-001_BW-1.jpg

Paul Elio

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got this today. Any thoughts?

March 17, 2015

Dear xxxxxx,

I often get asked what it feels like to be in the process of making history by bringing the Elio to market. I can say it has been an incredibly interesting and exciting ride that very few people have the privilege to experience. Which is probably why the desire to be part of the Elio Motors story is so appealing and I am often asked, “How can I invest in Elio Motors?”

So, I took that question to heart and together with the Elio team we worked towards making this option possible to those equally passionate.

Starting tomorrow, your chance to own a stake in Elio Motors has become a reality. Elio Motors is offering an opportunity to invest in the company to those of you that meet “Accredited Investor” status as defined by law. This means that as an “Accredited Investor” you can make a minimum initial investment of $15,000.

As of March 18, 2015 you can download the necessary paperwork to confirm your eligibility by going to http://eliomotors.com/xxxxxx-xxxxxxx/.

Paul Elio

Elio Motors 2942 North 24th Street Suite 114-700 Phoenix, AZ 85016 US

You received this email because you are subscribed to Promotional Email from Elio Motors.

Update your email preferences to choose the types of emails you receive.

Unsubscribe from all future emails

EYB4bkB0aGn2yr52ToL4-2FHbDDyKcbM60-2BoT3WAm9E6Qu0jrLoW2hgKob2IZvCzjGt4K8-2B-2FkxJ9AiLYAcy-2BHTsg.gif

Last edited:

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently, you can invest in EM. I'm not sure how I feel about this...

March 17, 2015

Dear Dustin,

As of March 18, 2015 you can download the necessary paperwork to confirm your eligibility by going to http://eliomotors.com/investor-inquiries/.

Paul Elio

Elio Motors 2942 North 24th Street Suite 114-700 Phoenix, AZ 85016 US

You received this email because you are subscribed to Promotional Email from Elio Motors.

Update your email preferences to choose the types of emails you receive.

Unsubscribe from all future emails

3FrfuaBbVxpW0bxul7xdvBvGnLOD2nXEEMob9AOgOCm76mfhVszvJaHwsnuFFeRhOg4OWSISorKmQPhZKnj4BTwPRw-3D-3D.gif

Reactions: DWR

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can look at it many ways. I think its a put your money where your mouth is type deal. But I am sure this will give the naysayers ammunition about Elio.

by the way an accredited investor is

An individual to be considered an accredited investor, they must have a net worth of at least one million US dollars, not including the value of their primary residence or have income at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 together with their spouse if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount this year."[7]

The federal securities laws define the term accredited investor in Rule 501 of Regulation D and as amended by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act as:

1. a bank, insurance company, registered investment company, business development company, or small business investment company;
  2. an employee benefit plan, within the meaning of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, if a bank, insurance company, or registered investment adviser makes the investment decisions, or if the plan has total assets in excess of $5 million;
  3. a charitable organization, corporation, or partnership with assets exceeding $5 million;
  4. a director, executive officer, or general partner of the company selling the securities;
  5. a business in which all the equity owners are accredited investors;
  6. a natural person who has individual net worth, or joint net worth with the person's spouse, that exceeds $1 million at the time of the purchase, or has assets under management of $1 million or above, excluding the value of their primary residence;[8][9]
  7. a natural person with income exceeding $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with a spouse exceeding $300,000 for those years and a reasonable expectation of the same income level in the current year;[10] or
  8. a trust with assets in excess of $5 million, not formed to acquire the securities offered, whose purchases a sophisticated person makes."[7]

Silverbullet

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Got the same. Don't know if I would touch this one as bad as I want to see these built. $1000 was hard enough for me to come up with 2 years ago. Today I could swing the minimum $15.000. In following this company these past 2 years i don't know if this is a safe bet.

Wonder if this is like buying stock in the Green Bay Packers where you don't get anything in return other than bragging rights.

Guess we'll know more tomorrow.

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't have that net worth nor that income, but now that they can legally advertise like this (per the SEC filing) they might find some people that see this as the home stretch.
Now is when a finished production prototype would be well worth the money for them IMO.

Edit: in fact, if they can get enough 'small investors' to cover that, I have little doubt they'll get the rest.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I see it as a positive.
But I also see it as other options for funding have dried up a little.
It didn't say he was selling stocks in the company or maybe he is; it wasn't really clear on that part.
I'll wait to download the paperwork before I make any kind of truly informed decision in what this letter is actually saying.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This makes me uncomfortable. I knew it was a startup and I made a deposit of what I was comfortable with. If I wanted to give more, I would have. It's not like I have $15,000 to invest, but reaching out to your reservation holders after the fact tells me one of a few possible options:

1. The DOE loan fell through, or they recieved less than they wanted
2. They need money to keep the lights on, and the tour team on the road
3. An investor backed out

I approached this as a small investment. Reaching out to us seems desperate. I feel most of us do not have that kind of money, and even if we did would use it elsewhere.

Godspeed Paul Elio

Top Bottom