• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Question Answered...

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe this response from EM will put to rest any doubt about how they stand with their funding!

I sent them an e-mail 3 days ago saying "I have group of friends who wanted to make reservations but wanted to find out if EM has already secured the necessary funding to bring ELIO to production. I went on to say that people needs a little assurance and unfortunately TV exposures and updates won't be enough unless this critical question is answered".
Here is EM's reply:

From Elio Motors Customer Service dated Jun 10 13:22

Hello________!
Thank you so much for reaching out to us with your question. Elio Motors has been blessed with some core investors who have great resources available to them. One can just take a look at our Board of Directors to get a better understanding of the weight that is behind our mission. From Stu Lichter, the CEO of Investor Resources Group (the #2 commercial real estate group in the nation), to Jim Holden, the former CEO of Chrysler, Ken Way, the former CEO of Lear Seating (the company that provides 40% of all vehicle seats in the world), to David Schembri, a former Mercedes Benz exec and first President of SmartUSA, we recognize that we are quite fortunate! Our management team in conjunction with our board of directors inspires a commensurate level of investment level expertise for moving forward.
Our overall strategy takes us well through year one of production and includes many pieces such that if one piece is not successful we have sufficient alternative options that are ready to fall into place. Most significantly, our investors are as excited as you are about the project, and therefore they are determined to make sure that we are successful! As structured, we are extremely confident with our financial game plan, and we do recognize that this information will help you better understand who we are and how we are going to be successful where others have failed. We look forward to hopefully having you as an Elio Motor customer!

Best,
The Elio Team

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe this response from EM will put to rest any doubt about how they stand with their funding!

I sent them an e-mail 3 days ago saying "I have group of friends who wanted to make reservations but wanted to find out if EM has already secured the necessary funding to bring ELIO to production. I went on to say that people needs a little assurance and unfortunately TV exposures and updates won't be enough unless this critical question is answered".
Here is EM's reply:

From Elio Motors Customer Service dated Jun 10 13:22

Hello________!
Thank you so much for reaching out to us with your question. Elio Motors has been blessed with some core investors who have great resources available to them. One can just take a look at our Board of Directors to get a better understanding of the weight that is behind our mission. From Stu Lichter, the CEO of Investor Resources Group (the #2 commercial real estate group in the nation), to Jim Holden, the former CEO of Chrysler, Ken Way, the former CEO of Lear Seating (the company that provides 40% of all vehicle seats in the world), to David Schembri, a former Mercedes Benz exec and first President of SmartUSA, we recognize that we are quite fortunate! Our management team in conjunction with our board of directors inspires a commensurate level of investment level expertise for moving forward.
Our overall strategy takes us well through year one of production and includes many pieces such that if one piece is not successful we have sufficient alternative options that are ready to fall into place. Most significantly, our investors are as excited as you are about the project, and therefore they are determined to make sure that we are successful! As structured, we are extremely confident with our financial game plan, and we do recognize that this information will help you better understand who we are and how we are going to be successful where others have failed. We look forward to hopefully having you as an Elio Motor customer!

Best,
The Elio Team
Jetpack,, thanks for taking the initiative to ask the question and sharing the answer with us. Confidence abounds.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well now............that should put a bit of a damper on the Naysayers...might also negate my offer to buy a couple of all in's out, which would be good for them and maybe keep me out of trouble from the other half.

Their board of directors is a shambles. Stu has zero interest in the long term success of EM, and some of the others are in over thier heads or merely there to collect a fat paycheck. The ex Chrysler exec? Priceless--a failure from a failed company doing...what? There is no build team, no OPS, no testing plan in place. R & E is running around in circles revising the thing endlessly.

This is a board desparately in need of a leader, and full of committed members. You could fire half the board and get more done with a better leader.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
eliomotorsnew1.jpg

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jetpack,, thanks for taking the initiative to ask the question and sharing the answer with us. Confidence abounds.
Well Jim, I'm relieved that our questions were answered. Now, we can all kick back and relax, let the naysayers throw their negative take at this but in the end, we're the ones laughing because our Elio is headed for production! I can now sign off for a while until the next update! ;)

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Their board of directors is a shambles. Stu has zero interest in the long term success of EM, and some of the others are in over thier heads or merely there to collect a fat paycheck. The ex Chrysler exec? Priceless--a failure from a failed company doing...what? There is no build team, no OPS, no testing plan in place. R & E is running around in circles revising the thing endlessly.

This is a board desparately in need of a leader, and full of committed members. You could fire half the board and get more done with a better leader.
Really sorry you feel that way but it would be easier if you don't beat yourself up over this...regardless of how you feel about these people sitting on EM board of director....they've got the funding to move forward to production and that's what's important to us! We of course welcome your very funny opinion! I suggest you e-mail EM and tell them exactly how you feel about Paul Elio and his board of Directors...ask them how they were able to build the prototypes...without THE BUILD TEAM??? NO TESTING PLAN??? I almost fell down on my chair! LOL. Ok, this is too much so I'm going to switch off and wait for the next update! Take care. :D;)

dunkybones

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed a turn in Elio's response time these days. They reconfigured the facebook page, and now they are responding to a lot more posts, like it's someone's sole job is to sit around and respond to every inane question posted to Facebook. Which is good, it shows they are engaged. You sent them an in depth question and they posted a thoughtful response. I think all this bodes well, if Elio doesn't make it, it won't be because they didn't try like hell.

Top Bottom