1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Is Anyone Interested In......

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by Geo, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Geo

Geo Elio Fan

.... buying my place in line? It's $1000 an #2108.

AriLea likes this.
  2. airforceguy6

airforceguy6 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    L14,338
    Just FYI for anyone trying to sell their Spot in Line (SIL)...you can't sell your spot to another individual, and the next person get all the benefits you got. Elio has come out from the begining saying this. You are allowed to sell your reservation for an Elio to someone else, but they will not receive the discount bonus you did when you purchased it, and they wont receive your number in line (they will go to the end of the current reservation count).

Coss, Maurtis and Johnny Acree like this.
  3. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

I'll give you $100 for it when Elio delivers the first customer car. I won't get your place in line though but I don't want it anyway. This offer stands for every one of the $7K locked in reservation holders.

Maurtis likes this.
  4. Samalross

Samalross Elio Addict

I would pay $2000 for a locked in reservation once production starts. I don't think that I would get any takers.

5. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

This is because all of the "I wanna sell me reservation) people are not really serious They just want to complain and think if they do that somehow that the big money investors will come out and crank in the funding. Guess what! They don't follow this forum and don't care about you. What it comes down to is a venting process of I'm mad that Elio hasn't got me my car thus I'm going to show them. I'll buy 100, $7000K locked in reservations for a dollar each right now. I suspect that nobody will do it.

6. Samalross

Samalross Elio Addict

I want the car and think that it would sell for $10,000. Locked in at $7000 would easily make the reservation worth $2000. The reservationist would be better to keep it, keep the SIL and bonus then resell it. I have no interest in a reservation now because I don't think it is worth the gamble. If funding obtained, a different story

7. Johnny Acree

Johnny Acree Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    4287 & 22039
    supply and demand
    Huge! supply, (reservations), zero demand, (people who want a reservation) = worth less
    IF,,, it gets built
    Huge demand, zero supply, (at first) = worth more
    It won't take long for supply to catch up with demand, so, if you are planing on flipping your Elio, or your reservation, do it quickly! AFTER, production starts.

8. Samalross

Samalross Elio Addict

I think that the price will be a lot higher than $7400. The locked in people will score big if it goes into production.

wizard of ahs likes this.
  9. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

This is why I call them out on their idle threats. They all want an Elio really bad but if they were out $1K 6 tears ago and can get $800 today then they would take the loss. As we all know, it's hard to sell a $1K reservation on a product that the manufacturer has no idea of when they are going to go into production. For all we know, it could be in 2029.

10. Burg

Burg Elio Aficionado

You can enter into a gray area and "kind of" sell your SIL and keep it intact if you can actually find someone to buy it. Consider it this way. I have a contract on one of my SIL's for which I am being paid to essentially "stand in line" for the purchaser. Should the Elio be manufactured, I will receive the car and basically pass it on along with all the benefits of the my locked in SIL. Should it not be produced I have been paid for my services as a "line stander" the sum of $1000. That's the basic gist of it. The actual document would be a little more complicated and no, Im not offering legal advice on how this works. It has been done for cell phones and game systems and so on. I seriously doubt you will find anyone who would put money down on an Elio these days, but like they say, there is one born every day.