• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is It A Guy Thing?

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've noticed a substantial percentage of Elio Forum members, and others interested in this are men. Is it just me?

I don't remember seeing women comments on he Elio. Any out there to let us in on womens thoughts on this vehicle. Also, is it single women, married couple, or women with kids looking at this. I could see some young women in college, or in larger communities really liking this vehicle.

Also, what the thoughts on this being a great first car for the young driver. Easier to drive, you can see alll around you, etc. Only bad part, not much transitions to this vehicle, so it would be different to teach from the back seat.

Just thinking....

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also, what the thoughts on this being a great first car for the young driver. Easier to drive, you can see alll around you, etc. Only bad part, not much transitions to this vehicle, so it would be different to teach from the back seat.

Just thinking....
I was taught to fly sailplanes by a guy in the backseat. Of course, he had a full set of controls back there. I would recommend a bunch of parking lot practice followed by a bunch more neighborhood practice prior to hitting the highways.

;)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was taught to fly sailplanes by a guy in the backseat. Of course, he had a full set of controls back there. I would recommend a bunch of parking lot practice followed by a bunch more neighborhood practice prior to hitting the highways.

;)

That’s how I teach my kids. Parking lot, small town streets and all the rest was only on Sunday mornings starting at 6:00 O’clock with no traffic. Final exam was two hour road trip during afternoon rush.

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've noticed a substantial percentage of Elio Forum members, and others interested in this are men. Is it just me?

I don't remember seeing women comments on he Elio. Any out there to let us in on womens thoughts on this vehicle. Also, is it single women, married couple, or women with kids looking at this. I could see some young women in college, or in larger communities really liking this vehicle.

Just thinking....
Try "Zelio's" comments throughout the various forums. She is definately a hard-core Elio fan and like a lot of us in a stacked (all in @?) holding pattern!
Chuckle, as pointed out by redhedman50, Elio might think about a "Trainer" version, some day, with dual controls like sail planes, "Cubs" and Citabrias!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Just thinking....
I am a single, retired woman and very proud of being 72 years young. The Elio will be replacing my 14 year old Toyota Camry that currently has over 214,000 mi. on it. My son introduced me to the Elio in January and within a week I knew more about Elio than he did. Very simply it was love at first sight. He had known about the Elio for about two months. I believe only about 5% of the members here are women and to my amazement I am not the oldest, there are two older than me. According to the Elio FB map Oregon has 4 men, 1 couple and one woman status unknown. There are several men on the site who, as far as I know, are not on the map. We are all "all in" but I am the only one who is currently only at $100. I am not on FB so am not on the map. :-) Z

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am a single, retired woman and very proud of being 72 years young. The Elio will be replacing my 14 year old Toyota Camry that currently has over 214,000 mi. on it. My son introduced me to the Elio in January and within a week I knew more about Elio than he did. Very simply it was love at first sight. He had known about the Elio for about two months. I believe only about 5% of the members here are women and to my amazement I am not the oldest, there are two older than me. According to the Elio FB map Oregon has 4 men, 1 couple and one woman status unknown. There are several men on the site who, as far as I know, are not on the map. We are all "all in" but I am the only one who is currently only at $100. I am not on FB so am not on the map. :) Z

Thanks for the great reply zelio, I'm sure you are going to be the envy of your friends (and your son's too) when you get yours! You sound as enthusiastic as I feel when I talk about the Elio to others.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have noticed two things about the jump in memberships in this group. The first is more women are signing on although not all of them are as active (or is it addicted?) as I am. The second is more people under the age of 50. I love the fact that the Elio appeals to such a broad spectrum of people. It makes it all so much more interesting and exciting. I look at the standard American vehicles, whether they are sedans, vans, trucks, and even many of the station wagons and what I see is boring. No one can claim the Elio is boring - at least in my very biased opinion. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom