• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jay Leno Drives The Vanderhall

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the old school aesthetics but it looks REALLY uncomfortable for two people, LOL. And the seatbelt placement around Jay's neck looks very dangerous.

Leno_Vanderhall.png

Crazy that it is less expensive that an upper model Can-Am Spyder. If Jay is impressed with the Vanderhall Venice at $30k, wait until he gets a load of the Elio :D

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder why it only gets 30mpg. Perhaps its the tuning that allows it to go from 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds? Wind resistance because of the open cockpit? Big tires? All those things? Jay also seemed to have trouble staying in his lane. It has a shorter wheelbase than the Elio prototypes which would lead to some of the drifting. While interesting, I'll wait for the Elio.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_2734.PNG
View attachment 21954 View attachment 21954
I love the old school aesthetics but it looks REALLY uncomfortable for two people, LOL. And the seatbelt placement around Jay's neck looks very dangerous.

View attachment 21953

Crazy that it is less expensive that an upper model Can-Am Spyder. If Jay is impressed with the Vanderhall Venice at $30k, wait until he gets a load of the Elio :D
Not going to be completely inclosed, but they are working on a gullwinged roof!

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Turbocharged 4 cylinder
180 horsepower
6 speed automatic, with side-mounted "paddle" shifter
Technically 40 mpg, but average driver would get 27 mpg
Front wheel drive
No airbag
Welded aluminum "tub" construction
No windshield wipers
LED headlights
Digital CAN bus-driven gauges that look analog
Heated seats
Traction Control and ABS
No stability control

In the close-in dashcam shots it looks like both guys are leaning way out to their side of the cab. I think that's an artifact of the fish-eye dashcam lens. In the chase-car shots they look like they are sitting normally. But still, they are definitely sitting shoulder-to-shoulder.

$29,950

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All points well taken. I on the other hand see it the same way I first saw the Elio, a very affordable toy. The Vanderhall much less than affordable, but a better toy. Contacted them to see how long a waiting list, and if they too would credit my Elio 1k- Keep ya posted.

Can't believe how many dealers he has in South Florida, we needs one in PNW. With a refundable deposit might as well go for it!, Bummer, the color which must not be mentioned is not an option.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All points well taken. I on the other hand see it the same way I first saw the Elio, a very affordable toy. The Vanderhall much less than affordable, but a better toy. Contacted them to see how long a waiting list, and if they too would credit my Elio 1k- Keep ya posted.

Can't believe how many dealers he has in South Florida, we needs one in PNW. With a refundable deposit might as well go for it!, Bummer, the color which must not be mentioned is not an option.
You can have it when you pay for it, except Red it might take a little longer.

Top Bottom