• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Kinja - Exclusive Drive Of The Elio & Interview With Jerome Vassallo

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I liked that the guy thought it had power steering while he was test driving the p4. That answers my question about whether or not I will need power steering option. Good positive press. Thanks for posting Coss

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, thanks Coss. I did notice allot of suspension noise when he was going over small bumps and at low speeds. Damien even mentioned something about it. Maybe this will be a tad better with the P5.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, thanks Coss. I did notice allot of suspension noise when he was going over small bumps and at low speeds. Damien even mentioned something about it. Maybe this will be a tad better with the P5.
Almost certain to be. They've modified the suspension somewhat, and I suspect the sound suppression will be better. But it's still a very light car with a sport-tuned suspension going over small bumps, with manual steering, so it's likely to feel a little choppy -- nothing much is damped down.

The rear wheel is where most of the suspension noise is coming from (I suspect). It's not really insulated from the cabin, and I'm sure the rear arm carries noise and vibration straight into the chassis. Another small thing that would probably be worth addressing, because a more civilized ride might increase sales significantly -- or at least lower resistance by the Significant Other in the rear seat!

Top Bottom