• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty new to these forums (less than a week) and have only known about the existence of the Elio for a couple days longer. But I haven't been this excited about something in a long time. In the last week and a half I have probably digested more information on the Elio than most competition eaters do hotdogs. Anyway that brings me to the point of this post.

I have talked to my better half (trust me she is sooo much better) and she has agreed to let me take the family to the L.A. Auto Show. Since it is only 20mi from my house it wasn't too hard of a sell. We have decided to probably go on that Friday after Thanksgiving. This brings me to a couple of questions. 1) Having never been to an auto show or seen the Elio team, do you think I will be able to sit in the car and ask a TON of questions? Will the presence still be strong on the public days instead of the media days? 2) May I have permission to claim representation of this forum? I would like to think they would be more receptive to someone from a strong, well known collection of Elio lovers. And finally 3) What would you all like me to ask? I will be checking on this thread and compiling a list of questions to ask. I will try to ask as many as I can and they will field, but want to know what you all would like to know. Please keep the feel of the forum going and give me both topical and fun questions, as this place seems to do well.

Thank you all and I hope to hear from many of you.

BTW... yes I will ask about the yellow. How can you not do yellow?:rolleyes:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
hopefully, our folks will use this thread to post questions that they would like answered .... no problem telling the tour folks that you are a member of this forum where you will be posting the answers .... based on feedback from prior tour stops, if you can get there early (as in a bit before it opens) you will have the best chance of finding a smaller crowd .... while waiting in line, watch and listen .... you can learn much from hearing the conversations between other folks and tour personnel .... its best to write down questions you really are interested in because it is easy to get so wrapped up in the moment that you forget some things you want to know .... also recommend you take a camera so as to be able to take pictures that you will enjoy looking over and showing friends

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hopefully, our folks will use this thread to post questions that they would like answered .... no problem telling the tour folks that you are a member of this forum where you will be posting the answers .... based on feedback from prior tour stops, if you can get there early (as in a bit before it opens) you will have the best chance of finding a smaller crowd .... while waiting in line, watch and listen .... you can learn much from hearing the conversations between other folks and tour personnel .... its best to write down questions you really are interested in because it is easy to get so wrapped up in the moment that you forget some things you want to know .... also recommend you take a camera so as to be able to take pictures that you will enjoy looking over and showing friends
That's all good advice. It's especially important since the p5 will be pretty much making its debut at that show. So all the pictures you can take, all the questions you can ask, and all the impressions you can share will be valuable to this forum. Basically you're going to be representing all of us here. So knock yourself out have a great time doing it.

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
in addition, if you can talk directly to Jerome, he will have driven it .... I'd love to hear is impressions
Jerome, bless his heart, is a salesman ... his enthusiasm may be unfeigned, but he is, after all, in the business of being enthusiastic.

Being new on the block, you may not know that Jerome Vasallo is VP of Sales for Elio Motors. He is a very good guy, will give you full answers without the least signs of impatience, and knows what he is talking about.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here are a few questions: does this car have production sound proofing and OBD-II capabilities? Is EM going to limit the OBD-II? The importance of this question has to do with after-market options that need input from the car in order to work.

Actual production ground clearance in inches? This has been described as "the same as a Ford Mustang," but which Ford Mustang? Better, what is it in inches?

What's the current news on the Turbo kit?

What would it take for the company to offer Yellow, even as an extra-cost option?

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
as you noted, he was very patient with me last December in Charlotte and your assessment is straight on .... I deliberately asked a few questions about the P4 on which I'd heard/read some negative comments (cabin noise, speed, ride comfort, etc) and he gave me what I considered to be honest answers .... when I mentioned the Elgin he sent a fellow somewhere and brought back the demo module .... bottom line, as a result of the time he spent with us, while there Pam, his wife, took our All In reservation ....

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
as you noted, he was very patient with me last December in Charlotte and your assessment is straight on .... I deliberately asked a few questions about the P4 on which I'd heard/read some negative comments (cabin noise, speed, ride comfort, etc) and he gave me what I considered to be honest answers .... when I mentioned the Elgin he sent a fellow somewhere and brought back the demo module .... bottom line, as a result of the time he spent with us, while there Pam, his wife, took our All In reservation ....
He knows a sceptic and a gear-head when he sees one!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course they are customer service friendly, it's their job to be excited about their concept, market, and sell reservations. Hopefully, that attitude continues AFTER the sale and transcends to PepBoys Service Departments nation wide.

Top Bottom