• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

La Auto Show 2015

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 11.54.22 AM.png

Guess who's in the top 10 start ups?

http://connectedcarexpo.com/2015-top-ten-startups-new-automotive-industry/

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, looking through the list, how many of those startups have physical things to even show?
One is basically a ride share, one is a "loan your car to strangers" thing, one is a steering wheel sensor, and the rest are software based. The Elio will garner most of the attention by a long shot!
The better question is which of those startups have a physical product or service to sell providing for a revenue stream?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They'll HAVE to report the P5 progress by then. It's possible this will be the first public viewing of the P5, where you can expect to sit in it.( hopefully, it WILL be very popular with those who attend )
The 'connected' aspect of the show fits the Skyz accessory perfectly.
True. Hopefully, we'll have some members from the forum show up and take a bazillion pictures (in focus would be great) and who ask a bunch of questions that they can actually answer at that point.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True. Hopefully, we'll have some members from the forum show up and take a bazillion pictures (in focus would be great) and who ask a bunch of questions that they can actually answer at that point.
I would think the exhibitors themselves will be exceptionally interested in the Elio, since the Elio is designed to use vendor electronics rather than a proprietary OEM system. That opens the door to about anything they can imagine.

And too, the Elio is perfect for various fleet applications that may require both general and specialized electronic systems.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
you can bet that during days, prior to being open to the general public, at the show where the P5 will be on display, there will be plenty of press coverage .... I also think that will be the case during the days between it being finished and it going to the show .... they are bound to do as much road testing, creating new videos, and trying to muster all of the positive press they can

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
you can bet that during days, prior to being open to the general public, at the show where the P5 will be on display, there will be plenty of press coverage .... I also think that will be the case during the days between it being finished and it going to the show .... they are bound to do as much road testing, creating new videos, and trying to muster all of the positive press they can
I don't know. They may just keep it under wraps and have a big unveiling party. It'd add pizzazz to the show AND could generate some excitement for Elio as well as the show. I mean, do you remember anything from the last show? I've never even heard of it and I'm a motor head.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know. They may just keep it under wraps and have a big unveiling party. It'd add pizzazz to the show AND could generate some excitement for Elio as well as the show. I mean, do you remember anything from the last show? I've never even heard of it and I'm a motor head.

that's certainly possible .... so far as I know they still need additional funds .... if that's the case it would seem logical that they would take every opportunity to generate as much free positive publicity as possible .... articles based on observations and test drives have served them well in the past

Top Bottom