• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

La Auto Show Article

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear the Rivian will start at $80K!, umm no thanks, sounds nice and all, but a little out of reach.
Me, I just bought an all electric Fiat 500e, so far I really like it, I may not go back to gas if this works out in the long run.. Well I might keep my old Ford, it's a little used but it has it's charm.
DSCN0044.JPG

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the Ford, very sharp car.
The Fiat, well it's nice for what it is, and let me guess 150mpg and 300mile on a charge?
Or is it electric only?

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the Ford, very sharp car.
The Fiat, well it's nice for what it is, and let me guess 150mpg and 300mile on a charge?
Or is it electric only?
It's good for 120 miles city and about 75 highway, it's a plug in only so no gas backup. I was able to do a swap through Carvana, the price difference was about $400 (plus another $350, it needed tires). It's MUCH faster then the 500 Sport I had. Other pluses that weren't on my Sport: heated seats, backup sensors, GPS, Sirius radio, red stitched seats and steering wheel. I can "fill" the tank from 0 to full for $1.63. The first maintenance is at 150,000 to change the coolant for the batteries. The charge times from 0: the OEM 110v charger 23 hours, level 2 charger 3.8Kw (which I got off Ebay for $140) takes about 6 hours, a level 2 charger 6.6Kw can charge it in about 3.5 hours. Charge times are weird, the first half of the charge time gets you to 80% charge and the second half of the charge time is the last 20%. Anyway I like the car more than I thought I would, I have other cars for long trips to the shore or to the mountains but for the day to day stuff it fits in well.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard that before (on the charge times) I personally don't see any advantage, I only fill my tank once every 2 months.
But I have followed the electrics and they do fit the current need, but I'll wait for the Hydrogen power supplies, I can get into those.

Top Bottom