• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lack Of Interest

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
dearth of information coming from EM recently.
Ditto, the last news story was on October 10, 2016 which described The Onion produced ad that never discussed the product and the vehicle wasn't even in some of the scenes. There is no news about the ATVM loan, a rather important subject. With the planned start of production just as little as nine months in the future, one would think there would be more news activity. Just saying.

Last edited:

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point I find this site more interesting from the train wreck aspects than anything else. The Elio is dead. What's fascinating is how excited/hopeful some folks around here still are about it. It's an interesting case study in how different people can look at the same facts and come to completely different conclusions.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What factual evidence is there that the Elio is dead? There's plenty that says it's still alive, like that none of the board have sold any of their stock or that no announcements have been made about partners or vendors backing out. It seems like they are in a critical period for financing and we're waiting to hear the outcome, but until something critical falls through they aren't dead. And if the next piece of funding news is positive, we may be all but assured of having Elios in our driveways in the next 18 months. Have a little patience.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also, I believe the shift into being a publicly traded company has really put a hamper on the flow of information. They can't just spout stuff, now they have to carefully release info in such a way that nobody can be accused of insider trading (among other issues).

But yeah, I'm feeling pretty burnt out, too.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always find it interesting that when people on this forum decide to "move on" they feel obligated to start a new thread stating as much. What's the point? You won't be here to read the responses! If I decide to "bail", nobody will ever know ['cept JEBar...he's my awesome steak guy! :hungry:]. It does give the Naysayers some fodder, because misery loves company.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ditto, the last news story was on October 10, 2016 which described The Onion produced ad that never discussed the product and the vehicle wasn't even in some of the scenes. There is no news about the ATVM loan, a rather important subject. With the planned start of production just as little as nine months in the future, one would think there would be more news activity. Just saying.
Actually, I see the lack of news as a possible clue that the negotiations have become intense and no news keeps all parties at the table. But perhaps that is because it is what happened when I was negotiating contracts and my perspective is that of a negotiator rather than a news junkie.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What factual evidence is there that the Elio is dead? There's plenty that says it's still alive, like that none of the board have sold any of their stock or that no announcements have been made about partners or vendors backing out. It seems like they are in a critical period for financing and we're waiting to hear the outcome, but until something critical falls through they aren't dead. And if the next piece of funding news is positive, we may be all but assured of having Elios in our driveways in the next 18 months. Have a little patience.
I think Linamar backed out. It was not on their list of suppliers.

Top Bottom