• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Letter To The Editor...

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm no wordsmith, but after reading PM's article on the 2015 Auto Show without one mention of the Elio, I felt compelled...

What I sent:

Dear PM Editor,

I've been a PM and PS subscriber for 30+ years, and eagerly anticipate each new addition. I went to your website to see what your take was on the "The 20 Best Cars Just Unveiled at the 2015 L.A. Auto Show", and was not disappointed with your write-up. I was, however, curious, considering PM is known for focusing on new and innovative technologies, that there was no mention of the Elio. Granted, the Elio is not 'technically' a car, but is instead classified as an autocycle due to it's 2F-1R three-wheeled design, but with claims of 84mpg on regular unleaded gas, 100mpg top speed, a 5-star safety rating, sleek design, tandem seating configuration and a $6800 base price, I would've thought that a vehicle fitting that description would be right in PM's new and innovative 'wheelhouse'. I'll admit, I'm a little biased as I've been following the progress of the Elio for the last couple years, and have been impressed enough with the progress towards a production model that I've put down hard-earned cash to reserve a "Place In Line" for the first models coming off the line (in Shreveport, LA). If you haven't already looked into this economical alternative to the status quo (cars, trucks, SUVs), I believe it's far enough along, and close enough to becoming a reality, that it would make a great feature article in your magazine.

Sincerely,

Kevin Jung

Pacific, MO

Top Bottom