• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The goal of this thread is to provide a place where all responses from Trump can be posted, thus the title: Letters From Trump
This thread is for the exclusive use of those who have :
1. Sent a "letter" to Trump concerning an Elio Motors issue. The ATVM loan would be a good example of an Elio Motors issue.
2. Received a response from Trump, the subject of which concerns an Elio Motors issue.

For example, on February 20, 2017, I used the standard procedures for contacting the President of the United States. After which I received the immediate reply:
Thank you for contacting the White House.
If you have questions on Federal Government services, please visit www.USA.gov, or continue exploring www.WhiteHouse.gov.
Thank you again for your message,
The Office of Presidential Correspondence

In other words, think of this thread as the refrigerator door where all of the children's paintings are displayed.

Now I am waiting for my response from Trump so that I can display it on the "refrigerator door".

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't gotten anything from them via email. I wonder if it's because I unchecked that "Keep me posted with regular email updates from the White House" box.

(grumble, grumble... They still haven't replied to my letter.)

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't gotten anything from them via email. I wonder if it's because I unchecked that "Keep me posted with regular email updates from the White House" box.

(grumble, grumble... They still haven't replied to my letter.)
There was a coin toss and heads I kept it checked to receive email and get a form email daily with the administration's intinerary and request for health care stories...Won't go further about that. Wondered if many others are getting these...And how can we take advantage of this to make something happen sooner? Sending a second email to propose greenlighting the ELIO...It feels like something is about to happen either way!

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone actually believe that ONE letter is meaningful - among the thousands - or tens of thousands of emails that arrive at the White House every day? C'mon, face it, you are spitting in the ocean. One letter followed by weeks of sitting on our hands and complaining we didn't get a personal reply from the President doesn't begin to understand reality.

If you are going to garner support from the WH, you must make a big noise. A few hundred letters are nothing, a widespread public demand for your product. Stop selling the sizzle and sell the steak.

This isn't a sports car, put a practical daily commuter. Sexy isn't the message, it's steely-eyed practicality that doesn't have to be an automotive hair shirt that forces the buyer to suffer for practicality. VW understood this when the introduced the bug in the 50's. It's unconventional marketing, but it delivers disproportionate results. The VW wasn't flashy, or even pretty, it was basic, underpowered in conventional terms, but it filled an enormous market need for low-cost, efficient, reliable transportation. There's a lesson there, particularly in the way the bug was introduced to the public - by creating demand that led manufacturing, they sold everything they could paint.

By concentrating on putting a couple dozen or so early production models in public hands, rather than conduct static displays, you create public demand. THOSE rabid users beating on the WH door will get results.

Last edited:

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone actually believe that ONE letter is meaningful - among the thousands - or tens of thousands of emails that arrive at the White House every day? C'mon, face it, you are spitting in the ocean. One letter followed by weeks of sitting on our hands and complaining we didn't get a personal reply from the President doesn't begin to understand reality.

If you are going to garner support from the WH, you must make a big noise. A few hundred letters are nothing, a widespread public demand for your product. Stop selling the sizzle and sell the steak.

This isn't a sports car, put a practical daily commuter. Sexy isn't the message, it's steely-eyed practicality that doesn't have to be an automotive hair shirt that forces the buyer to suffer for practicality. VW understood this when the introduced the bug in the 50's. It's unconventional marketing, but it delivers disproportionate results. The VW wasn't flashy, or even pretty, it was basic, underpowered in conventional terms, but it filled an enormous market need for low-cost, efficient, reliable transportation. There's a lesson there, particularly in the way the bug was introduced to the public - by creating demand that led manufacturing, they sold everything they could paint.

By concentrating on putting a couple dozen or so early production models in public hands, rather than conduct static displays, you create public demand. THOSE rabid users beating on the WH door will get results.
I know you're right about one letter making a difference, but I choose to think about it like a WWII dogfight. I'm sure thousands of rounds were fired with no effect, but that one bullet that hit home made the differrence.
So go ahead. Fire your rounds, and hope for the best. I mean really....what do we have to lose at this point. :plane:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There was a coin toss and heads I kept it checked to receive email and get a form email daily with the administration's intinerary and request for health care stories...Won't go further about that. Wondered if many others are getting these...And how can we take advantage of this to make something happen sooner? Sending a second email to propose greenlighting the ELIO...It feels like something is about to happen either way!
Sailor Dog I like you optimism :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
9 years and $140 million dollars later and they don't even have a test drive program using a few road-able prototypes.
Anyone who thinks there's nothing wrong with that picture needs to re-examine their perspective.
I think the thing had a chance at one time, but they blew it time after time.

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
9 years and $140 million dollars later and they don't even have a test drive program with a few road-able prototypes.
Anyone who thinks there's nothing wrong with that picture needs to re-examine their perspective.
I believe the plan was to make a bunch for fleet, etc. before a final production ready design.
I think the only only problem was underestimating the funding necessary, which could be the same as believing the ATVM would come through at the proper time.

Top Bottom