• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Licensing?

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a list of states that will not require a motorcycle license for the Elio? Also, which agency/gov. officials should I contact to lobby for no Mac lic.?

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a list of states that will not require a motorcycle license for the Elio? Also, which agency/gov. officials should I contact to lobby for no Mac lic.?

I made a thread earlier about this issue in my state (Maryland). Use that for ideas if you wish. I also have a form letter you can use as well. The problem right now is that the legislatures are out for the summers and many don't meet this fall. Contact your MVA first. They can direct you.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/motorcycle-license.1001/

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can also get a copy of the AAMVA Best Practices guide. They are the agency that DMVs go to for advice on how to handle different vehicles. They accept that the Elio is legally (by federal law) a motorcycle (3 wheels) but because of the enclosure, seat belts and air bags, recommend exemption from helmets and endorsements. Good luck. It is nice to know others are interested in following up on this. :-) Z

Top Bottom