• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Little Rock Dealership

Bryan Britt

Elio Fan
Reaction score
My Better-Half wasn't keen on the idea of putting money down on a vehicle, unseen with a due date "sometime in the future." So when the Elio was at the Dallas Fairgrounds for Earth Day a few months ago, we went down there just to see it.

When I was filling out the form after she loved it, which I knew she would, I felt this keen since of irony that I will have spent $84 to go buy a car that would of taken me $27 to drive down there in. Such is life, we had a great time anyway.

But while I was there I spoke with a VP (I didn't get his name). I asked him about where the dealerships were. When I brought up the subject of Arkansas, he said he was under the impression that they had made an exception for Little Rock since "It's a state capitol, and not very close to dealerships" I also mentioned that since it's a rural, natural state, that large number of people have long highway commutes, something he said is the primary Elio target.

So, while it's not on the map yet, don't fret; we may end up with a dealership in Little Rock.

The next time the Elio prototype is close, I'll go visit it again and press a bit harder.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Better-Half wasn't keen on the idea of putting money down on a vehicle, unseen with a due date "sometime in the future." So when the Elio was at the Dallas Fairgrounds for Earth Day a few months ago, we went down there just to see it.

When I was filling out the form after she loved it, which I knew she would, I felt this keen since of irony that I will have spent $84 to go buy a car that would of taken me $27 to drive down there in. Such is life, we had a great time anyway.

But while I was there I spoke with a VP (I didn't get his name). I asked him about where the dealerships were. When I brought up the subject of Arkansas, he said he was under the impression that they had made an exception for Little Rock since "It's a state capitol, and not very close to dealerships" I also mentioned that since it's a rural, natural state, that large number of people have long highway commutes, something he said is the primary Elio target.

So, while it's not on the map yet, don't fret; we may end up with a dealership in Little Rock.

The next time the Elio prototype is close, I'll go visit it again and press a bit harder.
We only have one in the State of New Mexico (5th largest state) and it's in Albuquerque, 235 miles away.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I commented also that Elio is leaving some big geographical gaps by placing initial distribution centers in the largest 60 markets. Some of those markets in the northeast are within miles of each other, while all of Arkansas, SC, and the gulf region of Florida (Tallahassee to Pensacola) have no distribution point. Columbia, SC, for example, is the center of an interstate hub to several other good sized cities with no distributor.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And they have said all along that they would hit some prime centers first and as things progress, they would open additional retail centers, all working within a certain distance from the marshalling centers.
They have already signed an agreement with a company that will staff the stores and handle all transportation of the units.
All of it goes back to funding; while it would be great to open all the stores at the same time, it's not financially possible with a start up company.

Top Bottom