• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Make A Left Turn Safely And Pulling Out From Parralell Parked

Mmeyer

Elio Fan
Reaction score
If your sitting in the middle of a left turn lane and a Truck is in front of you. You will be blind to on coming traffic. The truck could be in front of you or across the intersection. Either case it would be a good Idea to have a forward and reaward looking camera mounted on the left front fender to be able to see around the car in front for on coming traffic and see around the car behind you (in situations your parralell parked and you need to pull out) for on coming traffic. Cameras are cheap it should not cost anymore but would provide a huge level of driving safety and reduce the chance of accidents.

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The camera would have to be shock resistant, and have picture stabilization software to work on the fenders.
Picture moving with the way you turn the wheel would be interesting to get used to also.

Think I would try hugging a side of the road to look around a vehicle, or waiting for the vehicle in front to complete the turn far enough to see what's ahead of you.

Not sure about getting out of parallel parking scenario, might be an issue, might not. The rear view window, in relation to the front wheels, are a bit closer to the centerline compared to a regular car.

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simple, don't pull up so close behind the truck. The farther you stay back, the more visibility you will have. Plus you have the added benefit of additional room if you need to quickly maneuver around the truck, or more room if you are rear-ended so you don't hit the person in front of you. Elio owners should realize that they need to adjust their normal driving style to a balance between a normal car and motorcycle best practices to get the best benefits.

Sidecar Bob

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If your sitting in the middle of a left turn lane and a Truck is in front of you. You will be blind to on coming traffic. The truck could be in front of you or across the intersection. Either case it would be a good Idea to have a forward and reaward looking camera mounted on the left front fender to be able to see around the car in front for on coming traffic and see around the car behind you (in situations your parralell parked and you need to pull out) for on coming traffic. Cameras are cheap it should not cost anymore but would provide a huge level of driving safety and reduce the chance of accidents.

When you get your autocycle you can add any accessories that you want.
I don't want to pay for your dreams. I am in this because of Mr. Elios dream.
Bob

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For many years I drove an AMG DJ5 that was right hand drive, and it wasnt much of a problem, I had more trouble getting used to the floor shift on the left side of me. I found the right hand drive to be better in most cases, although really, you have the same problem in reverse with a left hand drive vehicle (ie seeing right behind a truck if in multiple lanes).
This one wasnt mine, I had mine painted olive drab, no pattern, but you get the idea.
serveimage.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't have cameras OR a rear view mirror and I haven't had trouble seeing past cars in traffic or parallel parking. Oh, I'm talking about my motorcycle, of course... Though, I'm pretty sure it's a right hand drive as well. :)

Hey, I DID actually have a Jeep DJ-7 at one point. It was an old mail Jeep but was fun to drive. That thing was geared really low and it never got old backing through drive-thrus.

PA Car Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
....just to add - 'how to back up a car with limited visibility' the offical way taught at the Lamborgini factory.
I fully anticipate using this lesson with my Elio !

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend - and Thank You for your service to my fellow Veterans and to those who gave all!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....just to add - 'how to back up a car with limited visibility' the offical way taught at the Lamborgini factory.
I fully anticipate using this lesson with my Elio !

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend - and Thank You for your service to my fellow Veterans and to those who gave all!
That's funny. Why didn't he just use the mirrors?

Top Bottom