• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manual Or Power Steering?

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too was impressed with the specs and general good looks of this 3 wheeled Elio. It mentioned a/c, power windows but does it also comes with power steering?

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just watching TOPGEAR show on tv showing the Morgan 3 wheeler and I tell ya, this Elio car looks much better than that! Of course it's faster and also several times more expensive...and no a/c! When I get my own Elio whenever that maybe, I will expose the tires though and replace it with bigger size.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for that info. And it makes sense since it's too light! I'm still confused with the power of the engine...is it 70 HP or 55 HP? I also thought I read it somewhere where it can go 60 mph in 9.6 sec. Is this adequate for it's size and weight?

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you want 0--60 mph in 3 nano seconds buy a Porsh 911. The Elio is designed as a commuter vehicle to get from A to B as inexpensively as possible while giving a reasonable degree of safety and driving / riding comfort in a stylish vehicle---and no more!!! RB

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear you man. 'Just wondering how much power it has so I can decide which transmission to get, manual or automatic. I've driven manual shift all my life because I have more control when or how fast I shift specially when driving a smaller engine and trying to climb a hill!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio motors just added Elio Store in their website. They lined up several options to personalize your ride which are exciting if you have the extra dough. The custom wheels and fenders sounds interesting but I'm looking at engine upgrades, anything to squeeze as much power and efficiency from that little motor, different paint schemes, decals, etc....but that's just me. Otherwise I will be happy with what I'm getting from that price point of $6,800. Yahoo update mentioned a 0-100 miles in 9.6 seconds which is impressive. If Elio motors can validate this test with at least a video demo then I'm sure they will see a spike of reservations! AAAaaRRRRgGGG!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just can't get over that 0-100 mph in 9.6 seconds. With that performance I wouldn't need a stick shift. I'll go for automatic transmission. The bad part is my wife will be able to drive it! LOL.

Frosty

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I too was impressed with the specs and general good looks of this 3 wheeled Elio. It mentioned a/c, power windows but does it also comes with power steering?
I asked Elio about power steering and received this reply:
Al Elio (Elio Motors)

Jan 15 22:06

Power steering is not a necessary feature in this vehicle because of how well it drives as a front-wheeled drive vehicle, with most of the weight in the front of the vehicle. Two people sitting in tandem inside further mute the need to add in power steering, and this is one cost less to worry about us having to wrap into the current base price of $6800! You will be able to see first hand how tight the driving experience is when you test drive the vehicle early next year during our ride and drive series OR at a location near you once we go into production next year. Thanks for vocalizing your concerns and we look forward to meeting you in the near future!

Best,

The Elio Team

I am concerned only about the difficulty of parking lot maneuvers where the Elio is stationary. I had a few manual steering cars in my past, and remember horsing the wheel around to get into a parking space.

skew

Reaction score
I'm sure that you will be able to add electric power steering aftermarket when the Elio is out. There are several company's that offer them now and they are simple and work great.

Top Bottom