• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

March Madness - Potential Winnings To Elio

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm about to fork over my money for annual Work NCAA BBall tourney brackets.

I always lose, but if I win the pool, I'm going to use the money is going to up my reservation from $100 to $250.

Anyone else going to make the same pledge?

Any fans have a team they predict will go to final four? I'm rooting for our local UMASS team, but expect first round loss.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm about to fork over my money for annual Work NCAA BBall tourney brackets.

I always lose, but if I win the pool, I'm going to use the money is going to up my reservation from $100 to $250.

Anyone else going to make the same pledge?

Any fans have a team they predict will go to final four? I'm rooting for our local UMASS team, but expect first round loss.
Sounds like a good idea but if you are "all in" the levels for upgrade for $100 is $500 and $1000. I had hoped to upgrade to $250 in a couple of months. It is going to take me longer to reach the $400 I need to upgrade to $500 but I will do it. Unless they have changed the system, if you are on the refundable plan you can't upgrade at all which is one reason I chose "all in". Good luck on winning more than you every dreamed of winning. If you are going to dream you might as well dream big. :-) Z

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I'm a big NCAA March Madness fan, JNR. My brackets took a big hit yesterday, since I'm a KU fan and the Big 12 is supposed to be so good this year. I think the so-called experts were wrong, lol.

For the first time this year in many many years, I did not do a family pool where I randomly picked 5 teams for 12 people (skipped the #16 seeds since they always lose). And I did not get into the work pool where you fill out a bracket and throw in a dollar. I do enjoy filling out the online brackets on ESPN and Yahoo and then laughing at myself as the lower seeds beat the higher seeds.

It's very hard to pick against Kentucky for sure. Kentucky completely killed the Big 12 teams that they played. KY is so deep, if one player is having a bad game another player comes in and keeps the team awesome.

Do you have any teams that you are a big fan of?

Excellent games yesterday. The guys on Mike and Mike on ESPN2 this morning were talking about how maybe a game yesterday was close in score, but it wasn't necessarily a great game. Oh C'MON, if the score is close it's a great game, sheesh gimme a break. Jay Bilas was leading that charge, he overthinks things too much as he analyzes college basketball. :)

Anyway, I'll talk college bball with ya all want!

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only was able to watch Cincy v Purdue, I started a few minutes before the player was ejected for throwing an elbow to the throat of the opposing team. Incredible ending to regulation, and decent OT. I can't believe the crazy symmetry going on, two 8-9 seed games finished 66-65 with the 8 seed winning, two 3 seeds lost by 1 point.

I listened to the UCLA v SMU game on the radio during the commute home. I could never imagine losing on a 3 pt goal tend call, embarrassing.

I'm a UMASS grad and fan and was there during Calipari's reign, he left the program in shambles so I'm no big fan of Calipari's. UMASS is in the A-10 so I root for A-10 teams, but the league was weak this year, VCU is good but lost their best player to injury over a month ago. I wouldn't be surprised with Dayton and Davidson winning today and going to the sweet 16, but I don't see them going any further.

I picked Kentucky, along with at least 50% of my work pool, but would love to see Arizona beat them.

With young kids in the house I watch far less bball than pre-kids so I can't really analyze teams anymore. Thankfully my 9 year old son is now showing interest in watching (and he plays).

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I only was able to watch Cincy v Purdue, I started a few minutes before the player was ejected for throwing an elbow to the throat of the opposing team. Incredible ending to regulation, and decent OT. I can't believe the crazy symmetry going on, two 8-9 seed games finished 66-65 with the 8 seed winning, two 3 seeds lost by 1 point.

I listened to the UCLA v SMU game on the radio during the commute home. I could never imagine losing on a 3 pt goal tend call, embarrassing.

I'm a UMASS grad and fan and was there during Calipari's reign, he left the program in shambles so I'm no big fan of Calipari's. UMASS is in the A-10 so I root for A-10 teams, but the league was weak this year, VCU is good but lost their best player to injury over a month ago. I wouldn't be surprised with Dayton and Davidson winning today and going to the sweet 16, but I don't see them going any further.

I picked Kentucky, along with at least 50% of my work pool, but would love to see Arizona beat them.

With young kids in the house I watch far less bball than pre-kids so I can't really analyze teams anymore. Thankfully my 9 year old son is now showing interest in watching (and he plays).

I'm lucky enough to have a job where I'm in front of the computer all the time, so can actually watch games on ncaa.com.

I'll pay attention to the Dayton and Davidson games, hope they will win. That's cool that your 9-yr old is playing and taking an interest.

Yeah, that goal-tending call... people are focused on whether it was a good call or not. Player REALLY shouldn't be touching the ball on a 3-pt shot that could hit the rim. You jump, you have your hand there, but for goodness sakes don't TOUCH the ball it it's near the rim. Sheesh.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the game, but CAN"T stand all the commercials!!
The last 5 minutes can take 30.!!
Fell in love with football (the other one the rest of the world plays) - 45 minutes +extra time w/ NO commercials, (1/2 time yes) second half, 45 min + extra time done! It took awhile to appreciate it, and it's starting to grow bigger here in the States.
I think there is a direct correlation between sports popularity, and the number of advertising minutes. Hockey had no breaks/timeouts (except to clean off the blood and teeth) and when they added time-outs ratings went-up, with the greater exposure.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the game, but CAN"T stand all the commercials!!
The last 5 minutes can take 30.!!
Fell in love with football (the other one the rest of the world plays) - 45 minutes +extra time w/ NO commercials, (1/2 time yes) second half, 45 min + extra time done! It took awhile to appreciate it, and it's starting to grow bigger here in the States.
I think there is a direct correlation between sports popularity, and the number of advertising minutes. Hockey had no breaks/timeouts (except to clean off the blood and teeth) and when they added time-outs ratings went-up, with the greater exposure.
the commercial breaks are bad at home where you can get a snack, take a pish, but at the game those breaks are even worse. I hear you on Futbol, EPL coverage by NBC sports is great. You can get 3 games in on Saturday before the bball games start. MLS quality is improving, maybe you can see Orlando play this year.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the commercial breaks are bad at home where you can get a snack, take a pish, but at the game those breaks are even worse. I hear you on Futbol, EPL coverage by NBC sports is great. You can get 3 games in on Saturday before the bball games start. MLS quality is improving, maybe you can see Orlando play this year.
hoping for Miami - would buy season tickets Orlando is too far. My son in law has to awake around 4am to catch Barclay's (he's in Seattle)- lining up a game for the Sounders!!- Go Manchester United!!

Top Bottom