• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Maybe A Chance To Get A State Law Changed

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Hi gang, thought I would share some interesting news... I emailed my local state representative in KS, and long-story short, basically asked if he would create a bill that would alter the existing KS law and create an exemption such that someone who drives an Elio type of vehicle would be legal with just a normal driver's license.

To my surprise, I got a response back after a few days... the representative has looked into it further and plans to start laying groundwork with the transportation committee. He plans to propose the bill next session. I've replied and asked when next session is.

Who knows, maybe something will come of this. Cool!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Great job! You can also put your representative in touch with Joel Sheltrown, Elio's Vice President of Governmental Affairs. Joel can definitely assist in the process and also let you know if he might have been in contact with others in your state.

I will send you Joel's email address via private message as I try to minimize having it randomly show up on the internet.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi gang, thought I would share some interesting news... I emailed my local state representative in KS, and long-story short, basically asked if he would create a bill that would alter the existing KS law and create an exemption such that someone who drives an Elio type of vehicle would be legal with just a normal driver's license.

To my surprise, I got a response back after a few days... the representative has looked into it further and plans to start laying groundwork with the transportation committee. He plans to propose the bill next session. I've replied and asked when next session is.

Who knows, maybe something will come of this. Cool!
Great proactive work, Jeff Porter! Way to go. Next year in my Elio! :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great job! You can also put your representative in touch with Joel Sheltrown, Elio's Vice President of Governmental Affairs. Joel can definitely assist in the process and also let you know if he might have been in contact with others in your state.

I will send you Joel's email address via private message as I try to minimize having it randomly show up on the internet.
Good thinking on the address issue, goofyone. :-) Z

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My experience has been that representatives to state government are a lot more responsive to constituents than representatives to the Federal government. When I've emailed my local Congressman, I've gotten a personal response within 24 hours. When I've contacted my representatives in Washington, it generally takes over a week and I get a form response for whatever issue I've brought up (and sometimes for the wrong one!)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ditto, based on my experience I absolutely agree that letters get more attention than anything else and it forces them to reply, even if it is a form letter.

Top Bottom