• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Meet & Greet Events

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who would be interested in having an Atlanta Area ElioOwners meetup?

I was thinking sometime in early July as it gives us plenty of time to get things sorted and anyway June is already looking pretty packed for me.

I was thinking someplace relatively central like Buckhead or Perimeter mall areas would make sense but am open to suggestions as to location.

Would a weekend or evening during the week work better for you?
Goofyone/Steve
Some thing to think about.
Could we start a Southeast Region chapter, State chapters, local chapters with Elio sanction, of course. Encourage Elio to start a regional/state/local registry, numbered by date of entry. I would like to see the South Eastern as 1st regional chapter, Georgia as 1st State chapter and Atlanta as the 1st local chapter.

HOG (Harley Owners Group) has been doing this for years, it has been a GR8 advertising/money maker for Harley.

This would encourage visitation between the different chapters.

Hope I did not get to the 'Verbosity' point with this??

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Goofyone/Steve
Some thing to think about.
Could we start a Southeast Region chapter, State chapters, local chapters with Elio sanction, of course. Encourage Elio to start a regional/state/local registry, numbered by date of entry. I would like to see the South Eastern as 1st regional chapter, Georgia as 1st State chapter and Atlanta as the 1st local chapter.

HOG (Harley Owners Group) has been doing this for years, it has been a GR8 advertising/money maker for Harley.

This would encourage visitation between the different chapters.

Hope I did not get to the 'Verbosity' point with this??

I would like to see something along those lines myself and we will have to see how this all plays out over the next year or so. Right now both this site and the various groups getting together with a common interest in this Elio vehicle are all working completely independently of each other and of Elio Motors. As we move closer to production, and the inevitable increase in popularity, I am sure things will coalesce somewhat into some kind of structure hopefully with support in some capacity from Elio Motors as it does ultimately benefit them to have a strong owner community.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The power of an owners group cannot be over emphasized and should be encouraged. It also has tremendous social value that instills civility and friendly association. It would also provide tremendous public relations for Elio at little cost. Perhaps Elio Motors should consider initially establishing an Elio Support Group in each of the cities that will have a distribution center and provide a small stipend for the PR to help them get going. They also need to get posters up in all the Pep Boys stores announcing the Elio is coming and will be serviced by Pep Boys. As production and distribution begins I believe that these support groups will develop on their own similar to groups like British Sports Car Clubs, Corvette Owners, Harley-Davidson, etc have done.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It would appear weekends are best for most people. How does sometime in the afternoon on Saturday, July 12 sound to everyone?

Still need to come up with a location and exact times but I figured if we have a date set far enough in advance people can set the time aside on their calendars.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would appear weekends are best for most people. How does sometime in the afternoon on Saturday, July 12 sound to everyone?

Still need to come up with a location and exact times but I figured if we have a date set far enough in advance people can set the time aside on their calendars.
Sometime in the afternoon on Saturday, July 12 sounds fine to me, but it'll be Hot. As I like the outdoors, what about a Lake or River side park, in the shade. I'll bring a couple of coolers with water on ice.

Top Bottom