• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Missouri Governor Vetoes Bill

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dennis Harvey‎
to
Elio Motors

Bad news for Missouri. The Governor vetoed a repeal of the current motorcycle helmet law which would have made it possible to drive an Elio without a helmet. An attempt to pass a new bill is currently dead in the water. The reasons that Governor Nixon gave was trying to save increasing insurance rates and for rider safety. Perhaps a new governor in November will not feel the same or ELIO will get an exemption.

I don't know who the governor is, but he is either stupid or ignorant.

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dennis Harvey‎
to
Elio Motors

Bad news for Missouri. The Governor vetoed a repeal of the current motorcycle helmet law which would have made it possible to drive an Elio without a helmet. An attempt to pass a new bill is currently dead in the water. The reasons that Governor Nixon gave was trying to save increasing insurance rates and for rider safety. Perhaps a new governor in November will not feel the same or ELIO will get an exemption.

I think it's tied.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Magic Words are both ignorant and stupid, like all politicians.
The campaign contribution check he received from Elio must have bounced.
Yet, we keep voting these Bozos back into office.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dennis Harvey‎
to
Elio Motors

I don't see any connection between the repeal of Missouri's MC helmet law and an Elio autocycle exemption. . It seems the Governor's veto has to do with motorcycle rider safety and insurance rates and is no way connected to the Elio. Was there a reason that Missoouri didn't draft Autocycle Legislation similar to what other States have done that provides for the MC autocycle subclass exemption of the MC endorsement and helmet requirements? Name calling the Governor seems unwarranted since he didn't veto an actual Autocycle Bill. It's not his job to draft new legislation.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dennis Harvey‎
to
Elio Motors

I'm not saying it is, but it could also be both.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see any connection between the repeal of Missouri's MC helmet law and an Elio autocycle exemption. . It seems the Governor's veto has to do with motorcycle rider safety and insurance rates and is no way connected to the Elio. Was there a reason that Missoouri didn't draft Autocycle Legislation similar to what other States have done that provides for the MC autocycle subclass exemption of the MC endorsement and helmet requirements? Name calling the Governor seems unwarranted since he didn't veto an actual Autocycle Bill. It's not his job to draft new legislation.

So, you are saying it is the legislators, not the governor, who are either stupid or ignorant? Could be. But I do see a connection between safety and requiring Elio motorcycle drivers to wear a helmet.

Top Bottom