• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V131

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors Momentum v131
[Broken External Image]

flower%20path.jpg

One aspect which has greatly improved since the introduction of the Model-T is the reduction in the Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH) each vehicle produces. This week’s Momentum will review the materials and methods we will be utilizing to enhance the Elio’s driving experience.

*MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Page 2

The Elio Team posted: " It doesn’t take an automotive historian to know that vehicles have greatly improved and evolved over the years. In the past, it took decades to develop and adopt the amenities we consider standard equipment today. Early iterations of the vehicles we know"

New post on Elio Motors
s0.wp.com_i_emails_blavatar.png

A Quiet, Comfortable Ride…
by The Elio Team

It doesn’t take an automotive historian to know that vehicles have greatly improved and evolved over the years. In the past, it took decades to develop and adopt the amenities we consider standard equipment today. Early iterations of the vehicles we know today were viewed as merely a transporter from Point A to Point B. Today, we have come to expect much more from our vehicles. One aspect which has greatly improved since the introduction of the Model-T is the reduction in the Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH) each vehicle produces. This week’s Momentum will review the materials and methods we will be utilizing to enhance the Elio’s driving experience.

The in-cabin decibel levels of modern vehicles widely vary. Typically, the quietest vehicles are luxury brands with hefty price tags. While the exact numbers are in the process of being finalized, our goal is to achieve in-cabin levels consistent with mid-range vehicles, even though our targeted base price is a fraction of the mid-range vehicles cost.

There are multiple methods and materials we will utilize to minimize Elio’s NVH. Our team is utilizing best practices to keep the proper gapping, distance, and spacing from adjacent components to minimize noise. Additionally, the non-structural body sealant is strategically placed to prevent exterior noise from reaching the cabin. In addition, the windshield of the Elio has been designed to be flush with the vehicle to eliminate wind noise.

Our team will utilize typical materials for preventing buzz, squeak, and rattle (BSR) in the vehicle. Foam, flocking tape, felt, anti-squeak tape, dissimilar plastics, sealers and retainer clips will all be utilized. We have also added closer welds in critical areas to increase stiffness. To absorb outside noise, foam will be placed in the pillars and others areas to reduce booming, along with the headliner containing acoustic material.

To ensure that we meet our noise goals, the vehicle will undergo an NVH evaluation during durability testing on actual roads. Laboratory testing will be conducted with a 3-post shaker to duplicate road conditions for evaluation from various hot and cold temperature conditions. Both of these methods for testing will be evaluated at various intervals to ensure reliability, durability, and quality of the materials and manufacturing techniques.

This testing will include the following:

Cabin noise evaluation

Powertrain interior sound quality

Road, course, smooth road, highway, and city noise

Wind noise

Door closing sound quality

Interior and exterior noise levels

Pass-by noise

Powertrain mount tuning

This vigorous testing will allow us to ensure that the Elio’s interior noise level is consistent in a host of different road and weather conditions.

As the quality of automobiles has improved, drivers have high expectations of their vehicles. Our goal, in conjunction with our four tenets, is to provide an enjoyable, quiet, and smooth driving experience. Through the use of our NVH and BSR testing methods, the Elio will provide a quality vehicle for a fraction of the price.

The Elio Team | November 15, 2017 at 7:27 pm

pixel.wp.com_b.gif_5a4626fd4e488da8faf6efde6e5ffa6f.gif

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New website (@ what $?), momentums and blogs brimming with confidence about the product and inevitable production. Would this be business as usual for a company getting ready to go bankrupt? I've not seen that happen! The only logical answer is that funding and autocycle legislation is just around the corner. And with NVH & BSR a focus, a smooth ride to follow. This momentum exemplified how the tortoise wins the race...the true blue, fuel efficient commuter vehicle that will handle like vehicles costing more... Isn't this what it's all about?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
www.eliomotors.com_wp_content_uploads_2017_11_NVH2.jpg

This picture illustrates the size of the side rear window.
This must be the latest chassis design. Notice the stronger front members supporting the engine.
When was this built? I have never seen white? Perhaps we will be seeing a white vehicle soon. Are chassis still being built and painted? I thought EM was suppose to be near dead.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score

This must be the latest chassis design. Notice the stronger front members supporting the engine.
When was this built? I have never seen white? Perhaps we will be seeing a white vehicle soon. Are chassis still being built and painted? I thought EM was suppose to be near dead.

But, where's the fuel door/cap? Must be an older rendering. Again.

Go Elio!

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Not certain this is a real life chassis.
But, where's the fuel door/cap? Must be an older rendering. Again.

Go Elio!
Not sure what this picture is. A rendering, a model, a real life. Part unibody, part body? Pardon my unskilled eye.
The real life E series unibody was definitely different in many ways.
https://icdn-8.motor1.com/images/mgl/gWRe4/s1/elio-motors-ec1-la-2016.jpg
Powertrain interior sound quality baby! Only with an ICE.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The good old days when a beautiful older lady used to drive me around in her 50's hardtop vette. It was so loud and rumbly, as a teenager, one of my fonder memories.
Powertrain interior sound quality baby!

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The chassis picture is probably computer generated. The new website looks nice. It seems like it's designed to appeal to investors. Instead of a lot of clutter it focuses on the main points about Elio. Wonder if Drexel had something to do with the new website look? hmmmmmm :pop2:

Top Bottom