• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V135

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors Momentum v135

overhead.jpg

The Elio Motors philosophy is simple: we want to provide our customers with everything they need while allowing them to add the newest available tech. The design and function of the standard Elio is based on a desire from Elio customers for a simple, yet modern design with the option for customization.

*MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Page 2
The Elio Team posted: " From the advent of the internet, everyday technology has progressed at breakneck speeds. Every few years, a new device or item presents itself as a game-changer. There is no denying that these developments have brought a litany of benefits, however there"

The Beauty of Simplicity
by The Elio Team

From the advent of the internet, everyday technology has progressed at breakneck speeds. Every few years, a new device or item presents itself as a game-changer. There is no denying that these developments have brought a litany of benefits, however there is significant evidence that many are ready to pump the brakes on this onslaught of technological progression. While a decade ago, e-readers purportedly changed the way we read, brick and mortar bookstores are thriving, and paperback sales are soaring. As smartphones have become ubiquitous, the classic flip phone is mounting a comeback. The same trend of simplicity can be seen in today’s new vehicles. According to Automotive News, “automakers are increasingly hitting resistance from consumers as they try to streamline and modernize their vehicles' interiors.”

Many automakers, feeling that they had their finger on the pulse, began to include expensive and new technology as standard equipment in new models. This new technology added substantial cost and frustration to buyers. According to Automotive News, “Drivers' interaction with technology in a vehicle's interior is a growing area of dissatisfaction, especially when it comes to basic features such the radio, climate controls and gauge cluster, said Kristin Kolodge, executive director of driver interaction and human-machine interface research at J.D. Power.”

We believe that a happy medium can exist, one where both Luddites and techies are satisfied. The Elio Motors philosophy is simple: we want to provide our customers with everything they need while allowing them to add the newest available tech. The design and function of the standard Elio is based on a desire from Elio customers for a simple, yet modern design with the option for customization.

The base model of the Elio comes equipped with air conditioning, heat, defrost, an AM/FM radio, and a standard instrumental panel. The original design for the Elio dash was based on an Elgin Lord watch, which is a tribute to Paul Elio’s father. While the dash may be available as an option, we decided earlier this year to move forward with a traditional dashboard featuring standard gauges. This decision was based on reservation holder feedback, as well as a desire to keep costs and development time at a minimum.

While the Automotive News article points out a trend toward simplicity, there remains a strong demand for the most cutting-edge automotive tech. For this reason, we developed our ePlus: My Elio, My Way option program. Through ePlus, Elio Motors customers will be able to add the technology they desire a la carte. This program also means that Elio owners can bring their vehicles to an Elio Motors store and add options after the purchase, allowing them to stay ahead of changing tech trends.

Many auto buyers have signaled a yearning for simplicity while others endeavor to keep with the latest and greatest automotive technology. At Elio Motors, we believe our vehicle presents itself as an ideal choice for both groups. So, if you consider yourself a purist, a techie, or anything in between, the Elio is the vehicle for you.

The Elio Team | December 13, 2017 at 5:48 pm |

pixel.wp.com_b.gif_55e189d02664b0d99ef45333b3bfa4fe.gif

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question about this statement:

"We believe that a happy medium can exist, one where both Luddites and techies are satisfied."

What's are Luddites?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a question about this statement:

"We believe that a happy medium can exist, one where both Luddites and techies are satisfied."

What's are Luddites?
I hope EM isn't referring to all of us Elio fans that like the simplicity of the base Elio concept.

IMG_9755.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks Rickb; I kind of figured it was something on that order.
A nice simple way to say Dummies, or Simpletons.
I know what the Techie side is, and while it comes close, it could do a lot better for the Hi Tech people; but with the Hi Tech side comes the Hi Tech problems, which no one wants to have. This middle road is good for the majority; which is a good target to aim for.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope EM isn't referring to all of us Elio fans that like the simplicity of the base Elio concept.

View attachment 22261
I don't think I am a Luddite. I can't think of a single thing that I have done to impede the progress of the Elio. But if I meet one, I will kick them in the -----------------. And that really hurts.:D. Also not a Techie. I cannot even down load an app on my cell phone. I must be a conservative Elio fan.:rolleyes:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of technology, what will happen first: we return to the moon (either from private investment or a rebuilt NASA) or we see Elio put into production?
I have a vehicle that was going to be the first moon buggy. The company went out of business even though it had a 4000 unit back order. Last time I drove it clutch failed and almost went through neighbours garage. Go to Jiger ATV proving grounds on youtube for a video done before lawyers took fun out of everything. Last ten seconds are priceless

Top Bottom