• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V140

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors Momentum v140

1115-1.jpg

The interior of a vehicle seems simple enough: a dashboard, some knobs, handles, and a few other components. Under closer examination, a vehicle’s interior is much more complex. In today’s Momentum, we will take an in-depth look at the colors and textures that will make up the Elio’s standard interior.

*MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Page 2
The Elio Team posted: " The interior of a vehicle seems simple enough: a dashboard, some knobs, handles, and a few other components. Under closer examination, a vehicle’s interior is much more complex. In today’s Momentum, we will take an in-depth look at the colors and textur"

Interior Info
by The Elio Team

The interior of a vehicle seems simple enough: a dashboard, some knobs, handles, and a few other components. Under closer examination, a vehicle’s interior is much more complex. In today’s Momentum, we will take an in-depth look at the colors and textures that will make up the Elio’s standard interior.

Interior Color
The Elio will come in a standard two interior color configuration: Pantone 426 C and Pantone 413 PC.

Most of the interior will comprise of Pantone 426 C, while the A Pillars and headliner will use Pantone 413 PC. While the base model includes these two colors, Elio Motors customers will be able to customize the interior colors of their vehicles through our ePlus: My Elio, My Way option program. So, if you opt for a Creamsicle Elio, you can order select parts of the interior to match the exterior.

Textures
The interior of the Elio will utilize three different textures depending on use and design feel: stipple, leather, and brushed.

The stipple will be primarily used in high-touch areas, such as switches and the door lock. Using stipple makes these components easier to clean and maintain.

Most of the Elio interior will use a leather texture on molded parts. This is done for a variety of reasons. First, the leather texture is a more textured surface, which helps limit the appearance of dust and dirt. Secondly, the leather texture provides a soft feel for the eyes along with a significant reduction in glare.

The fourth type of texture we will use, called brushed texture, is primarily used for design and aesthetic reasons. The brushed texture, which is designed to look like the fibers are interwoven, attracts the eye and provides more depth of field.

To show you how all four textures work together, let’s take a look at the instrument panel.

As you can see, we are using the leather texture in areas which the driver rarely touches, such as the dashboard, and stipple in the area surrounding the HVAC controls, door lock, and window controls. The leather texture is also used on the top of the dashboard which helps hide dust and limits glare.

The Elio’s door panel is another terrific example of how we will be utilizing these different materials. Again, we are using stipple in high-touch areas and leather texture in areas which are prone accumulate dust and dirt. The brushed texture is also integrated on the door (and instrument panel by the controls) to add depth and character to the interior, as well as give the owner an opportunity to customize depending on their individual tastes.

The Elio Team | January 31, 2018 at 7:16 pm |

pixel.wp.com_b.gif_992fbb2b591347cb49bc108b654f4802.gif

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if you get the option to mix / match interior pieces?
There are some places I'd like the black, and other areas I'd like to have in the grey
That would just confuse the hell out of the assembly team, or just really throw their inventory off.
Think I'll have to try that.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found it interesting that they say there are three different textures and then they mention the "fourth". Until they can start production and "lock-in" the options it's really not telling us much. They could have said almost anything and then change it for production. Problem they have now is when production does start they are committed to all these different options. I wonder if they limited the options to simplify the initial production if investors would be more interested. Keep the body color choices, make the interior black, option the transmission and not option anything else until production is running smoothly. Once production has reached certain financial goals, then they can add the options.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if you get the option to mix / match interior pieces?
There are some places I'd like the black, and other areas I'd like to have in the grey
That would just confuse the hell out of the assembly team, or just really throw their inventory off.
Think I'll have to try that.
The colors you could but the texturing, is part of the mold. So to change the texture of a part, requires a new mold. Things like the upper part of the dash is plastic that is then over molded with foam and the surface is part of curing process (same thing for steering wheels). That's why most dashes and steering wheels are black. It's the easiest color to blend and get repeatable results.

Soon, there will be material that will be just like real leather (nothing like the current imitation leather). I've seen some samples and it's almost impossible to tell it's man made. That would be a nice option for the seats.

I do have to hand it to Elio, these are the types of blogs that are interesting and educational. Keep doing ones like these and people will actually want to read them.

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed this momentum. Proves that Elio Motors has engineered/planned the little things of the vehicle (showing long term commitment), and how detail oriented they are. One of the many reasons of why I still favor the Elio over other 3 wheel offerings like the Solo, where in my opinion, doesn't have the same level of detail.
elio-motors-ec1-la-2016.jpg

electra-meccanica-solo_100564613_m.jpg

Still waiting though...

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed this momentum. Proves that Elio Motors has engineered/planned the little things of the vehicle (showing long term commitment), and how detail oriented they are. One of the many reasons of why I still favor the Elio over other 3 wheel offerings like the Solo, where in my opinion, doesn't have the same level of detail.
View attachment 22412
View attachment 22413

Still waiting though...
I actually like them both. The ELIO dash gives it the look of a regular car. The SOLO's KISS look, goes very well with it's electric drivetrain.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do have to hand it to Elio, these are the types of blogs that are interesting and educational.
I actually like them both. The ELIO dash gives it the look of a regular car. The SOLO's KISS look, goes very well with it's electric drivetrain.
When I look at the Solo, it uses lots of off the shelf components and reminds me more of less when someone builds a hot rod in their garage. The Elio doesn't, as the majority of the components from traditional automotive suppliers that's customize just for Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 22412
View attachment 22413

Still waiting though...
Some have more detail with quality fit and finish while others
9AE52F41-AF25-42D2-8FF0-E693B39ADED0.jpeg

focus on fit, finish, performance, handling, FUNction, and vehicle deliveries.
4B7499BE-E676-4AD7-8242-22633C52F974.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom