• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V164

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors Momentum v164

NYCJuly2018.jpg

There seems to be a natural connection between high temperatures and time spent in vehicles. Since we are in the thick of the summer season, it seems only appropriate that today’s Momentum will take a look at two intertwining topics: traffic and the best way to stay cool in your vehicle.

*MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Page 2
Summer Driving Trends
July 18, 2018

There seems to be a natural connection between high temperatures and time spent in vehicles. Since we are in the thick of the summer season, it seems only appropriate that today’s Momentum will take a look at two intertwining topics: traffic and the best way to stay cool in your vehicle.

Hurry Up and Wait

As nearly 76% of Americans commute to work by driving alone, it should come as no surprise that complaining about traffic is a staple in everyday conversation. A recent study crunched the data to show which major American cities commute efficiently and those that induce stress on their citizens. According to CNBC, The best cities for traffic, based on annual hours spent in congestion per commuter in 2017, are: Some cities are notorious for endless traffic — but which are the worst and which are the best?

The best cities for traffic, based on annual hours spent in congestion per commuter in 2017, are:

1. Greensboro, North Carolina: four hours
  2. Wichita, Kansas and Corpus Christi, Texas (tie): six hours
  3. Lincoln, Nebraska: seven hours
  4. Fresno, California; Fort Wayne, Indiana; Madison, Wisconsin; Winston-Salem, North Carolina (tie): nine hours
  5. Tucson, Arizona; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Toledo, Ohio; Durham, North Carolina; Lubbock, Texas (tie): 10 hours
The worst cities for traffic, based on annual hours spent in congestion per commuter in 2017, are:

1. Atlanta, Georgia: 102 hours
  2. San Francisco, California: 91 hours
  3. Los Angeles, California: 79 hours
  4. New York, New York: 70 hours
  5. Miami, Florida: 64 hours”
Naturally, there are a wide range of factors that contribute to traffic such as the quality of infrastructure and population. As the Elio will be HOV eligible in applicable states, we hope to reduce stress for our owners as they cut down substantially on their commute times.

Open Windows v. A/C: The Endless Summer Debate

When hitting the road during the summer months, you have probably had a lively debate on which method saves more gasoline: rolling down the windows or running the vehicle’s air conditioner. While there have been different outlets with different findings, we found the below from Consumer Reports interesting.

“We’ve tested this at various temperatures with multiple vehicles,” says Jake Fisher, CR’s director of auto testing. “We found that on an 85-degree day, running the A/C can reduce fuel economy by 1 to 4 mpg, depending on the car. But air conditioning dehumidifies the car’s interior, which can help keep the driver alert and safe. We think that’s a worthwhile trade-off.”

Consumer Reports believes that “rolling down the windows doesn’t appear to put more drag on a car’s aerodynamics. The effect of opening the windows at 65 mph did not measurably reduce fuel economy.” With the Elio’s ultra-high mileage, we aim to allow the driver and occupant to enjoy a comfortable cabin experience without worrying too much about the financial ramifications.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Every time I see that black Elio I can't help but wonder what they were thinking. Black is for cars like a Cadillac or a Mercedes; you know, something pretentious. An Elio should be a "fun" color... something that says "I'm not trying to be a big shot and I don't take myself too seriously". Besides, it's about 100 degrees outside right now. Can you imagine how hot a black Elio would be after setting for an hour or two in a parking lot?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Every time I see that black Elio I can't help but wonder what they were thinking. Black is for cars like a Cadillac or a Mercedes; you know, something pretentious. An Elio should be a "fun" color... something that says "I'm not trying to be a big shot and I don't take myself too seriously". Besides, it's about 100 degrees outside right now. Can you imagine how hot a black Elio would be after setting for an hour or two in a parking lot?
The trick is, don't park it for 2 hours. But if you had to, window shades would really help, and maybe a small battery powered exhaust fan
Like this one:

OXGIFT-China-Wholesale-Factory-Price-Amazon-plastic.jpg_50x50.jpg

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The trick is, don't park it for 2 hours. But if you had to, window shades would really help, and maybe a small battery powered exhaust fan
Like this one:

OXGIFT-China-Wholesale-Factory-Price-Amazon-plastic.jpg_50x50.jpg

"The trick is, don't park it for 2 hours." You HAVE to be a bachelor. Ever gone shopping at the mall with a woman? It takes them two hours to just get warmed up for the serious shopping...

The real trick is rain guards. I've used these on all my cars for years. You can leave your windows cracked an inch or two, and not only will they keep the rain from coming in, they help ventilate the car so it doesn't get so hot. I hope these will be available for the Elio.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Downtown, and in front of the Ferrari store and a Chase Bank.
Send kind of a message don't you think?
Hope all is well, getting too hot for me, just a small note 55 St. is "Midtown" usually 59th street north, spans river to river, and open discussion where the southern end is- for me 34st.

I'll add also, member Trusting (above), is so right with the rain guards, got 'em as soon as I moved to Seattle.

I'm out to Vashon Is. 3x a week to visit my granddaughter, and as I sit waiting on the ferry lines, and watch the trikes and bikes go to the front, I think what might have been had I been in my Elio!!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hope all is well, getting too hot for me, just a small note 55 St. is "Midtown" usually 59th street north, spans river to river, and open discussion where the southern end is- for me 34st.

I'll add also, member Trusting (above), is so right with the rain guards, got 'em as soon as I moved to Seattle.

I'm out to Vashon Is. 3x a week to visit my granddaughter, and as I sit waiting on the ferry lines, and watch the trikes and bikes go to the front, I think what might have been had I been in my Elio!!
Remember that rain guards add wind resistance and noise though I've had them in the past. I quit using them when I decided that the chance of rain is rarely worth worrying about getting in the 1/2 inch I lower my windows. But, the Elio has a really big window to interior volume so it may actually get hot really fast.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
NW weather is completely different then anywhere else.
When they say "it rains all the time" their not kidding.
Weather here is crazy, fall, winter and spring are rain, all the time.
Just in the winter you get the extra dark.
I was born and raised in the Midwest, and moved up here in 1975.
I have since grown webbed feet and got used to having it wet most of the time.
It is just like no other area in the country, and I have been coast to coast with everything in between.
The Pacific Northwest is like no other place in this country.

Top Bottom