• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V169

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors Momentum v169
go.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_ELIO_06380_Momentum_P5_V21.jpg_50006264c3d03b4ac09f44f04fc24a9b.jpg

RHS%20(002).jpg

There are several aesthetic aspects of the Elio that generate spirited discussion, from general topics like our unique color palate to the specifics of the headlight design. Among these aspects, the outboard wheels and their coverings seem to spark the liveliest discussion. As this topic seems to be pervasive among both longtime reservation holders and new supporters, this week’s Momentum is from the archive and covers the evolution of the wheel fenders.

*MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Elio Motors 2942 North 24th Street Suite 114-700 Phoenix, AZ 85016 US

f18dQhb0KdhCBVVQGN6YchX7HzgDQW6vwFCX62By99N4GzYMLFySDDD79vxcTrHDW5xrl7s2-sdLtW2HXw6k3WgRZjW4C-5Fh5qdN3FN7jbxrf--5yMW4ypP4w728PyDW4m7HZd4BSYvsW70gxK33p8cCHR6m3m_nZK102

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Page 2

Momentum v169

The Fenders
August 22, 2018

There are several aesthetic aspects of the Elio that generate spirited discussion, from general topics like our unique color palate to the specifics of the headlight design. Among these aspects, the outboard wheels and their coverings seem to spark the liveliest discussion. As this topic seems to be pervasive among both longtime reservation holders and new supporters, this week’s Momentum is from the archive and covers the evolution of the wheel fenders.

The Elio Motors project is driven by four central tenets: ultra-high gas mileage, unbeatable base price, unparalleled safety, and an unwavering commitment to producing an American vehicle and creating American jobs. In terms of our mileage goals, our configuration acts as an excellent starting point. To achieve our desired gas mileage our engineers have scoured every inch of the vehicle looking for ways to enhance the Elio’s fuel economy. Throughout the process, we have made slight enhancements to the vehicle to incrementally improve the efficiency of the vehicle. The fenders of the Elio are one example of improvements we have made throughout the process to maximize the vehicle’s overall mileage.

Along the journey, the fenders have improved on each iteration of the vehicle to help us reach our goal of 84 MPG on the highway. For example, the P3 was equipped with fenders similar to those found on the Plymouth Prowler.

The P4 was the first prototype that showcased full-shirt fenders.

The current design of the fenders offer even better aerodynamics.

While the standard fenders are a meaningful factor in the vehicle’s overall mileage, it is also an area of the vehicle that is ripe for customization. We plan on offering several different fender options, including those found on previous prototypes.

Any fender available as an option will understandably have an effect on the vehicle’s fuel economy. The optional fenders are purely cosmetic and will have an impact on overall mileage.

Many future Elio owners have voiced an interest in purchasing several different fenders, presumably for different times of the year. As we mentioned before, we do plan on offering several different fender styles. For future owners that plan on changing out their fenders on a regular basis, there will be no need to take your Elio into an Elio Motors retail center or to a mechanic. All it will take to change the fenders is a wrench to remove four bolts and the fenders will easily come off. Elio owners will have a multitude of different fenders to choose from and be able to easily change them.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me guess Coss, your fenders are going to be shaped like wings, sort of like the old Red winged horse below? days.View attachment 22754
Cute, but not even close. Just continue on, and you'll get to see them when everyone else does.
There are a few ideas I have on the body, wheel covers and a few other items I'm tossing around.
And if they are liked, copies will be sold.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cute, but not even close. Just continue on, and you'll get to see them when everyone else does.
There are a few ideas I have on the body, wheel covers and a few other items I'm tossing around.
And if they are liked, copies will be sold.
... and "who" will be selling them?

This image was posted quite a while back. If I'm not mistaken, the fenders are repops of Indian motorcycle fenders. Those, combined with the earlier style rear end, white walls, moon hub caps and the paint job make for a really special looking retro Elio.

my8atady.jpg

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
... and "who" will be selling them?
My shop will, since it's repop's, otherwise, I will have to get licensed by Elio to be a "real" Elio shop.
Either way, since they will be my own creation, I can sell them.
I don't think Elio Motors has started looking at "aftermarket" items, but it will all be cleared before the first ones get sold.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kind of came across this by accident. I was watching, "How It's Made", and they were describing how wire-spoked wheels are constructed. Forgot how awesome they look on certain vehicles. Not cheap, but might look pretty sharp on an Elio with some old-school motorcycle fenders, or just leave them fenderless! They are now under consideration on my "future mods" list!

wire wheels.jpg

Top Bottom