• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V176

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors Momentum v176
go.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_ELIO_06380_Momentum_P5_V21.jpg_bee5147b5475ba2af10644e60a3d5e25.jpg

DSC_1307.jpg

This week’s Momentum from the archives looks at some of the details that make up a popular topic: the interior of the Elio.

*MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Elio Motors 2942 North 24th Street Suite 114-700 Phoenix, AZ 85016 US

Continued on page 2

f18dQhb0KdhCBVVQGN6YchX7HzgDwW6bLdtZ4LNxl7N4GzYMLFySDDD79vxcTrHDW5xrl7s2-sdLtW2HXw6k3WgRZjW4C-5Fh5qdN3FW7jkHp_666tK2W8R8K1p71_N8hW1M4TWB96JdTMW5PdGJ05QymGvSj6M8qgPrg102

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Page 2
The Elio Interior
October 10, 2018

This week’s Momentum from the archives looks at some of the details that make up a popular topic: the interior of the Elio.

The interior of a vehicle seems simple enough: a dashboard, some knobs, handles, and a few other components. Under closer examination, a vehicle’s interior is much more complex. In today’s Momentum, we will take an in-depth look at the colors and textures that will make up the Elio’s standard interior.

Interior Color

The Elio will come in a standard two interior color configuration: Pantone 426 C and Pantone 413 PC.

Most of the interior will comprise of Pantone 426 C, while the A Pillars and headliner will use Pantone 413 PC. While the base model includes these two colors, Elio Motors customers will be able to customize the interior colors of their vehicles through our ePlus: My Elio, My Way option program. So, if you opt for a Creamsicle Elio, you can order select parts of the interior to match the exterior.

Textures

The interior of the Elio will utilize three different textures depending on use and design feel: stipple, leather, and brushed.

The stipple will be primarily used in high-touch areas, such as switches and the door lock. Using stipple makes these components easier to clean and maintain.

Most of the Elio interior will use a leather texture on molded parts. This is done for a variety of reasons. First, the leather texture is a more textured surface, which helps limit the appearance of dust and dirt. Secondly, the leather texture provides a soft feel for the eyes along with a significant reduction in glare.

The third type of texture we will use, called brushed texture, is primarily used for design and aesthetic reasons. The brushed texture, which is designed to look like the fibers are interwoven, attracts the eye and provides more depth of field.

To show you how all three textures work together, let’s take a look at the instrument panel.

As you can see, we are using the leather texture in areas which the driver rarely touches, such as the dashboard, and stipple in the area surrounding the HVAC controls, door lock, and window controls. The leather texture is also used on the top of the dashboard which helps hide dust and limits glare.

The Elio’s door panel is another terrific example of how we will be utilizing these different materials. Again, we are using stipple in high-touch areas and leather texture in areas which are prone to accumulate dust and dirt. The brushed texture is also integrated on the door (and instrument panel by the controls) to add depth and character to the interior, as well as give the owner an opportunity to customize depending on their individual tastes.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder what the upcharge is going to be like when you change stock interior covering pieces.
If it's steep, I'll do my own, it's pretty easy (for me at least) I'll reupholster them, rather then just paint them, it always looks soo much better.
That is, if you do it right, if you do a weak material cover, it looks cheap, and if you re-color them, there are some things you have to add to the paint to make it flexible so it stays on. Hmmmm redoing interior trim, that is kind of a PITA job, but it's easy, if you know what you're doing.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what the upcharge is going to be like when you change stock interior covering pieces.
If it's steep, I'll do my own, it's pretty easy (for me at least) I'll reupholster them, rather then just paint them, it always looks soo much better.
That is, if you do it right, if you do a weak material cover, it looks cheap, and if you re-color them, there are some things you have to add to the paint to make it flexible so it stays on. Hmmmm redoing interior trim, that is kind of a PITA job, but it's easy, if you know what you're doing.
It shouldn't be too hard for you to do. Elio designed them to snap out to be replaced easily.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be too hard for you to do. Elio designed them to snap out to be replaced easily.
That's what I said, but it depends on what kind of fasteners they used, some you destroy when you try to remove them, others you can remove and reuse (this is what I'm hoping for) car interiors have been done like the removable pieces since the 80's and they haven't changed much (I know, I redid the interior pieces on my Dodge Journey) you just wipe them down, don't sand them (you'll remove the texture if you do) and paint them with a flexible paint, or cover them with material. Easy but time consuming job.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what I said, but it depends on what kind of fasteners they used, some you destroy when you try to remove them, others you can remove and reuse (this is what I'm hoping for) car interiors have been done like the removable pieces since the 80's and they haven't changed much (I know, I redid the interior pieces on my Dodge Journey) you just wipe them down, don't sand them (you'll remove the texture if you do) and paint them with a flexible paint, or cover them with material. Easy but time consuming job.
Hopefully, they'll use something like what Honda uses on their motorcycles. It's a (I won't say penis because that would be a little vulgar) arrow shaped piece on the trim that fits into a snug hole that is lined in some kind of softer material like rubber. You can pop the panel out and back in repeatedly. The shape of the arrowhead keeps the piece snug.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully, they'll use something like what Honda uses on their motorcycles. It's a (I won't say penis because that would be a little vulgar) arrow shaped piece on the trim that fits into a snug hole that is lined in some kind of softer material like rubber. You can pop the panel out and back in repeatedly. The shape of the arrowhead keeps the piece snug.
Close, but if you've taken a car apart (and put it back together) you'll see the kind of clips that are fairly common.
Most common is plastic fasteners into a metal hole, or like a "Christmas tree" fastener (very common) and cheap (ok, inexpensive).
I'm figuring that this is the type they'll use, they do come apart fairly easy, and go back together without losing any "holding" power.
All you need for a tool, is a little fork like tool (I've got like 4 of them) that's for the removal, putting it back together you just push them in.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Close, but if you've taken a car apart (and put it back together) you'll see the kind of clips that are fairly common.
Most common is plastic fasteners into a metal hole, or like a "Christmas tree" fastener (very common) and cheap (ok, inexpensive).
I'm figuring that this is the type they'll use, they do come apart fairly easy, and go back together without losing any "holding" power.
All you need for a tool, is a little fork like tool (I've got like 4 of them) that's for the removal, putting it back together you just push them in.
I have and you are right. I was just hoping that they'd use the ones my bike use. They allow you to remove and replace the two panels on the side of the bike. One conceals a compartment that holds the tool kit. Most interior panels do use the little furry trees as you stated. They are cheap and easy enough to replace which means Elio will probably use that style but, a man can dream...

Top Bottom