• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V82 - A "visual" Virtual Tour

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors Momentum v82
ago.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_ELIO_06380_Momentum_P5_V21.jpg_7c409f32e963b448addd9c1eaec850f4.jpg

A "Visual" Virtual Tour

You’ve probably heard the phrase “seeing is believing.” At Elio Motors, we’ve heard from individuals who have found our vehicle online, love the look of it, but deeply want to see the vehicle for themselves. For this reason, we began the Elio Motors Preview Tour, which takes our vehicle across the country to give supporters an opportunity to experience the vehicle in person, while attracting new supporters in the process. The reaction is nearly universal: they love the vehicle and the experience. We understand that it is difficult for some to attend our events, so today we will create a virtual tour, through pictures, of our exhibit at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Don’t worry about packing your bags or finding parking, you are still able to join us for a tour of the Elio Motors booth at the LA Auto Show.

We had an incredible location in the West Atrium at this year’s show. Our booth this year contained four main attractions: the P5, a frame, examples of our ePlus: My Elio. My Way. option program, and the E1c.

ago.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_LA_203.jpeg_8e6c35c4df74f4b538f3573b70d70d81.jpeg
The P5 continues to be a fan favorite.

While the LA Auto Show isn’t exactly the birthplace of the P5, it is the location of its reveal last year. The P5, which was our first vehicle to be powered by the IAV designed Elio Motors engine, represents the last iteration in the prototype phase. The P5 may not be the newest Elio Motors vehicle at the show, but it continues to draw a crowd.

ago.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_LA2.jpeg_be83f8c43be5609db2ec2b28f6fdb1d5.jpeg

Up close look at the Elio frame.

This year’s LA Auto Show is the first time we’ve displayed the bare bones of our vehicle at an event. We’ve enjoyed taking our supporters behind the scenes to watch the development of our vehicle, and the frame is another example. The frame pictured above shows several key components of our Elio Motors Safety Management System, such as airbags and the unibody construction. Displaying the frame is one way to showcase our dedication in working towards producing a safe vehicle.

ago.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_LA_201.jpeg_7986d7a4d3b004f03faccc1797dc4c7c.jpeg

Elio Motors' mass personalization options system — ePlus: My Elio. My Way.

Recently, we have begun to highlight our vision of mass personalization at tour events. In the photo above, you can begin to visualize the many available options to customize your Elio. The Red Hot leather seat is but one example of hundreds of available options. We also showcase other customizable features such as the front spoiler, custom springs, and more.

ago.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_LA_205.jpeg_71b9b2e949b8c8c2c887d9d50fd633fc.jpeg

Introducing the E1c.

The best way to conclude our tour is with a visit to the star of the show, the E1c. The E1c made its debut at the beginning of this year’s LA Auto Show. The vehicle was assembled using more than 80 percent soft tooling, which shows the manufacturability of the production vehicle. Additionally, the E1c features many improvements from the P5, including its unibody frame, modified suspension and safety management system. Additionally, the Black Licorice finish augments the vehicle’s sleekness. The E1c is a major step forward in our development.

ago.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_LA_204.jpeg_15a6add5ee43f3ba2f4c0eebc19aa9d4.jpeg

Thanks for joining us on today’s tour, and we look forward to seeing you in-person at one of our tour stops soon. To stay updated on the Elio Motors Preview Tour, click here.

Continued page 2

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Momentum v82 page 2
ago.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_RES_MOMENTUM_CTA_11_30.jpeg_8708a63b120e16d44183ee4b8e587f26.jpeg

*MSRP for non-refundable reservations only and applies only until non-refundable and refundable reservations total 65,000. Total current reservations can be seen at: eliomotors.com. MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing! If there's a high-quality adjustable option I would seriously consider adding it to the "want list" [that seems to keep growing as time goes by].
I'm not quite sure I understand the custom springs thing. They spend a great deal of time and money with Roush customizing the suspension, and sent an e-car to Continental to optimize the brakes and traction control, so what's with the optional springs?

Surely swapping out springs is kind of a tough job to be carried out at a marshalling center and still get your car to you the next day.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure I understand the custom springs thing. They spend a great deal of time and money with Roush customizing the suspension, and sent an e-car to Continental to optimize the brakes and traction control, so what's with the optional springs?

Surely swapping out springs is kind of a tough job to be carried out at a marshalling center and still get your car to you the next day.

Actually, with the right tools it's not much of a job at all. Maybe 5 minutes per side considering how easy the suspension is to get at. My "guess" is they'd just swap out the "stock" coil-over shocks for a higher quality [Bilstien?] adjustable version. It gives the driver/owner the ability to stiffen or soften the ride to suit the kind of driving or road conditions he'll/she'll be doing. I'm definitely all-in on that kind of upgrade.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Custom springs are normally referred to as progressive rate springs.
They give you a comfortable ride under normal driving and respond accordingly they more you push them.
The different types of springs are like this:

upload_2016-12-1_10-1-34.png

The dual rate are more for off-road; linear rate is what is in the majority of cars; but progressive rate have a progressive rate of spacing between the coils.

Top Bottom