• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Eleca Car?

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think this Eleca electric three wheel car is neat looking. MyEleca. Eleca Car on Facebook.
myeleca.com_wp_content_uploads_2018_04_EleCa_HUB.gif

I wonder if it will get produced? I think it is cool looking. I hope they get the funding they need.
19642694_1887375918255844_8981407007575720770_n.jpg

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
eleca.jpg

The Eleca Founder just posted on my Ampere Club USA FB Group:
Aldo Grech: "Signup now on indiegogo, get 25% off or $7200!"
$7200 beats the non-locked-in price of the Elio!

A little clarification: All "Signing up" entails is subscribing to email updates...
So you can follow the progress of the EleCa. No commitment or deposit required.

I signed up. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/eleca-electric-transport-reinvented/coming_soon

http://myeleca.com/
https://www.facebook.com/EleCa-1866585393668230/

Last edited:

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:doh: How many of these big idea folks are going to pop up , build a model , ask for seed money and never deliver ?
I could not find a puking smiley , but I'm truly sick of it .

Aldo

Reaction score
:doh: How many of these big idea folks are going to pop up , build a model , ask for seed money and never deliver ?
I could not find a puking smiley , but I'm truly sick of it .
I agree with you. I am personally committed to this. It’s my money I have invested over the last 5 years to be at this place to work on launching EleCa. I cannot guarantee success, but I’m giving it me best shot and need all the support I can get. I am open to any recommendations. Aldo Grech - Inventor, designer and founder of EleCa.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's very nice of you, the inventor of the vehicle, to come to a small forum and represent it. I hope you realize that plenty of people around here are rather jaded toward all the new three-wheeler concepts that pop up left and right, most of which never progress farther than a CAD render.

All you have on your web site is a CAD rendering and some boilerplate marketing language. How about some hard information?

Range?
Top speed?
Acceleration?
Safety systems?
Air bags?
Traction control?
Battery size/type?
Inverter size?
Chademo/CCS?
Motor size?
FWD/RWD/AWD?
Heat/AC?
Where are you building them?
Will you crash test them?
Does it come in yellow?

Aldo

Reaction score
Hi Rob,

I understand your concerns.

The campaign shall shortly on Indiegogo, and we shall publish specs.

Initially, EleCa shall fit in the quadracycle/moped segment limited at 30mph while at the same time we shall start developing an unlimited speed version which shall require crash the sting and more safety specifications.

We intend to have a special offer for current Elio deposit holders.

I hope we shall not let you down.

Aldo.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, some questions answered:

Base price: USD $9,500

Range: 90 km / 56 miles
Top speed: 45 kph / 28 mph
Acceleration? unknown
Safety systems? unknown
Air bags? unknown
Traction control? unknown
Battery size/type? 5kwh Lithium Ion
Inverter size? uknown "80% in three hours"
Chademo/CCS? No level 2 charging available. 120 VAC only. Use public chargers via optional adapters.
Motor size? 4kw, belt drive (listed as "2-4000W" ?)
FWD/RWD/AWD? Not specifically stated, artwork shows rear wheel drive.
Heat/AC? unknown
Where are you building them? unknown possibly Australia?
Will you crash test them? unknown
Does it come in yellow? unknown

Additional:
* Bring your own dashboard! This vehicle has no instrument cluster. You use your handheld device in a special holding bay on the dashboard for all vehicle information.
* No keys or key fob. Use a handheld device to access and control the vehicle. Don't lose your phone, or you're screwed.
* No information on storage space. It's a tandem two seater, so with one person you'd have the passenger seat available. But can two people go to the grocery store
* Check the video at 2:07... No seat inside? You straddle a central spine, kind of like the Arcimoto SRK, but no back for the driver to lean on? Awkward... If there's an accident, the passenger slide forward into the driver, who gets sandwiched against the handle bars?
* The handlebars stick out through holes in the dashboard?
* Visibility looks extremely limited through that hole in the front of the canopy. Or is the whole canopy transparent? Hard to tell, since there are no actual photos, just CAD renders.
* "Currently building prototypes" ... where are the pictures of the prototpyes? You are supposed to have this thing in the US in four mnths for test drives. Where are the photos of the currently under-construction prototype vehicles?

No information on how it is regulated in the US, despite the IndieGoGo campaign being run in USD, and the sticker price listed in USD. Some information on regulations in various European countries.

It's an interesting idea. But with a top speed of 27 mph, I'd have to thread the back streets to get to the grocery store in my town. Couldn't get out of my immediate neighborhood without roads hitting 35+ mph.

If you can live with the severe restrictions on its capabilities, this could be an interesting choice.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very limited market. Looks great, but very impractical outside of a crammed urban city like NYC. I commute an hour in the wide open spaces of Dallas. It would take me at least 2 hours to get to work at 28 MPH.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's too bad it's aerodynamic shape means nothing at 28 miles per hour, it's top speed. It would be better to make it less confining at those speeds.

Top Bottom