• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Board Of Directors Members

Elynde

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
In recent years, he has acquired, in various forms and partnerships, over 100 industrial and commercial properties with a total size in excess of 100,000,000 square feet-making the portfolio the largest private holding of industrial and commercial real estate in the nation. Mr. Lichter is a national leader in transforming former military bases and industrial sites into thriving retail, residential and business.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1859596#ixzz2zH4lcFrt

Random thought: I wonder if Mr. Lichter will be helping out with those retail locations people were questioning this week. :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors Inc. Names James Holden, Ken Way, Hari Iyer and Stuart Lichter to Board of Directors These folks appear to good choices to me.
https://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1859596
They are still leaving off a 5th board member listed on EM Website. I suspect they are saving him for later because of what he does. Here is his information copied from EM website:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.eliomotors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/elio_rectangle.png
David C. Schembri Board Member
General Information
Board Member
Mr. Schembri previously was the President of smart USA, a Penske Automotive Group company. He was responsible for the successful launch of smart USA (a division of Mercedes-Benz), which included establishing and maintaining a sales and service retail network, customer relations, logistics, advertising, marketing, PR, government relations, and a parts distribution network.

Mr. Schembri has over 35 years of automotive experience. The majority of his career was realized in various executive positions at Mercedes-Benz and Volkswagen. While at Mercedes Benz, Dave served as both the Vice President of Sales and Vice President of Marketing. During his tenure, Schembri was responsible for several successful product launches while the company recorded 11 consecutive record years in new vehicle sales.

In addition to his corporate responsibilities, Mr. Schembri served on the Board of Directors for the Boomer Esiason Foundation (BEF) in their effort to raise funds for research to find a cure for cystic fibrosis.

Mr. Schembri is currently the CEO of the Active Aero Group, a Platinum Equity Company. He attended the University of Detroit, where earned both his Bachelor’s degree and his MBA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But but....how is this different from the old board of directors ssdd?
As a diehard race fan, I view the addition of someone from the Penske organization to be a great asset for Elio. There is no doubt about the success of Penske beyond the race industry

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But but....how is this different from the old board of directors ssdd?
Actually it isn't. What it is, is putting them up front now rather than behind the scenes. They were on EM website all along but you had to be interested enough to read everything on the site to get to the board of directors and a lot of people simply don't think of that or didn't bother. At least that is my oh so very not humble opinion. Personally I read the entire website the first week after my son introduced me to the Elio. Not everyone does that. I also read negative articles as well as positive ones. It was all part of my learning curve. Well, and my insatiable curiosity. LOL :-) Z

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually it isn't. What it is, is putting them up front now rather than behind the scenes. They were on EM website all along but you had to be interested enough to read everything on the site to get to the board of directors and a lot of people simply don't think of that or didn't bother. At least that is my oh so very not humble opinion. Personally I read the entire website the first week after my son introduced me to the Elio. Not everyone does that. I also read negative articles as well as positive ones. It was all part of my learning curve. Well, and my insatiable curiosity. LOL :) Z
I have read it in a few places, and it was pointed out to me by a rep at Daytona Bike week...this is just another case of it being "news" only to those that are just getting into the Elio scene...
NEWS FLASH: Columbus Proves World is Not Flat!
From about the first week on here I have asked that if those amongst us would give a proper reference for their "new" information. Specifically a date the "news" was posted, and a viable source.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have read it in a few places, and it was pointed out to me by a rep at Daytona Bike week...this is just another case of it being "news" only to those that are just getting into the Elio scene...
NEWS FLASH: Columbus Proves World is Not Flat!
From about the first week on here I have asked that if those amongst us would give a proper reference for their "new" information. Specifically a date the "news" was posted, and a viable source.
Check out today's release from Elio. I have to assume it's correct

Top Bottom