• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New From San Antonio

Firewire

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Firewire. I suspect those kinds of upgrades will have to be done after market since they really do go against the EM goals and plans. I'm all for Elio buyers doing whatever they want at their own expense as long as it doesn't decrease my chance of getting a new, fun vehicle at a price I can afford. It is also important that I be able to afford to drive it. Obviously the $6800, 84/49mpg, 5 star safety rating, are all ultra important to me. Being made in this country mostly of parts also made in this country is a special bonus. I know you will find others here who will enjoy discussing your ideas with you no fear. They are not all little old ladies on limited income like me. :p :D :rolleyes: :) Z

Definitely don't want to see a change in the basic price. And wouldn't want to pay much more for jazzing it up. But I have a hard time seeing that $6800 price lasting past the first year. Can't find a decent cruiser motorcycle for less than $10k. Big reason why I'm all in.

Firewire

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your initial reservation. Just remember that every time someone makes a larger reservation you get pushed farther down the line. Many of us started like you and soon realized we wanted a secure spot in line. Only you can decide what works for you. Enjoy the Elio experience.

Gambling with $100 for now won't hurt too bad. Need a little more faith. Wonder when the these type reservations will end.

Firewire

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Joined today, that is great! You made the decision and that was the positive. Now you'll have time to seach the site here to explore about your Elio. You can explore this site now for special paint schemes. Once the Elio is in your hands there will be a bundle of aftermarket companies ready to accept your monies. If I recall correctly by the end of September there could be a released Elio accessory list out to see which accessories future Elio owners are most likley to purchase with their Elio.
Welocme and enjoy the journey in Texas.:)
Terrence <>in Maryland:):)

Kool

Firewire

Elio Fan
Reaction score
FireWire,
I like your creativity and enthusiasm; it helps get us all jazzed up and our wheels rolling on the possibilities.
It's just what we need.
Otherwise, it could be easy to get caught in the rut of "where's my car?".
Keep your thoughts alive and keep your posts going! :D

Thanks and so true. Can't wait to see a parking lot full of Elios. LOL

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FireWire,

for the last 4 years we've spent much of the winter in our camper north of San Antonio at what used to be Medina Lake .... we enjoy that part of the country and have no doubt that traveling the secondary roads in Texas Hill Country in an Elio would be a blast .... down the road if you hear an air horn from a white Sportchassis, give us a wave ..:)

Jim
Medina Pond? Medina Ditch? Medina Field? It's so sad to see what the drought has done there. I bought a small chunk of property near the Bandera end of the lake when there was still water in it. The surrounding area is still beautiful, but I don't remember what the water looked like.

Welcome, Firewire, to our little obsession! I'm up in NE San Antonio and put in my paltry $100 All-in reservation a few months back, but I'm fine with that, I guess.... For now.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All in for minimum. May upgrade later.
I figure once these are on the road, the waiting list will be ginormous.
Hoping there will be a sport verion. More power, fat tires, extreme handling, and special paint.
If all that drops mpg to say 60, I'd still be good. [Broken External Image]
WELCOME Firewire. Can you feel the excitement that hums through every fiber of the forum? We'll be on the roads of AMERICA soon!

Top Bottom