• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello, my name is James Mitchell (Jim). I have place a NR deposit and am excited to be a part. I have requested permission to start the Elio Car Club of Alabama. Thanks to everyone at Elio for your efforts!
Hey Jim, welcome to the Elio Family!:) Hope you enjoy the site and add your 2 cents to the conversations. Good luck on the Alabama Club, it's not easy trying to get everyone together. We've had one meet up in Colorado and two of us showed, hoping the next meet up later this summer, will double the attendance.;) Again, welcome aboard!;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Howdy, and welcome from Atlanta. Many useful features in this forum. Lots of prior threads to give you information and speculation. A great search feature. Member mapping, an app to approximate build dates, a thread for bios, regional groups, news, photos, and monitoring to keep everything civil.
Triple H do you have that as a script you copy and paste? ;) Think I've heard that before.... :p:D
Back to the topic, Hello Jim from the Pacific NW, hope you enjoy the time spent here. And don't ever be shy about joining in !

zarquon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Great to have you! Would you be willing to tell us (I like the us instead of me, sounds less creepy) what got you interested in Elio? How you learned of it and anything you care to share? Until this is a done deal I am sort of living my dreams through collective fantasy. (OK that does sound creepy).

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, just a little creepy .... :eek:
Where did you say you lived? I want to make sure it's far from here .....:p

And who was your question for? James? Or the rest of us?
I just saw it, loved what it was, and did my deposit as soon as I saw the price (the mileage really didn't matter to me).
It just has that kind of appeal, it's different, it was exactly something I could drive every day, and I have to tendency to like slightly (ok a lot) different things.
I had a Corvair Trike I built and road before; hated it in the rain; a pair of rotary engines bikes, and the list goes on...

zarquon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah, just a little creepy .... :eek:
Where did you say you lived? I want to make sure it's far from here .....:p

And who was your question for? James? Or the rest of us?
I just saw it, loved what it was, and did my deposit as soon as I saw the price (the mileage really didn't matter to me).
It just has that kind of appeal, it's different, it was exactly something I could drive every day, and I have to tendency to like slightly (ok a lot) different things.
I had a Corvair Trike I built and road before; hated it in the rain; a pair of rotary engines bikes, and the list goes on...

I guess I should answer my own question. I am a transplant to Kentucky from the Northeast. I've bicycle commuted, weather permitting, most my working life. Winters in Kentucky were largely to be ignored and ridden through, but as I got older I started thinking how nice it would be to join the teaming masses and drive to work rather than get frost bitten. This last winter was pretty winter like even for me. A guy at worked told me about the Elio just about the time the GM plant was getting finalized. Everything was sounding tremendously positive and so it didn't take me much time to go $100 + $900. Things slowed down (a cloud over my head?) and I felt discouraged, but recently with the engine and the P5, well I guess I'm easily excited. There are so many things to like about Elio and its potential. I talk it up with everyone I can but I haven't quite got the natural charisma thing under control and I think my family is getting seriously sick of my evangelizing. I'd like to think that it is worth it and that someone will be thanking me as I will thank the fella that told me when this all finally gets rolling. Best wishes to us all.

Top Bottom