• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nice Article , Good Press

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the author forgot to post the pic of the Elgin dash he referenced in the article. I don't think that skyzymatic comes as a dash option.
It will in mine ;) for 15 years I worked at one of the few custom shops in Seattle; I was the only person in the shop (or in town) that would willingly offer custom dashboards; no one else in town wanted to touch them. Too many gymnastics involved in working on dashboards for most people.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It will in mine ;) for 15 years I worked at one of the few custom shops in Seattle; I was the only person in the shop (or in town) that would willingly offer custom dashboards; no one else in town wanted to touch them. Too many gymnastics involved in working on dashboards for most people.

I tend to believe that if you can come up with a decent alternative at a fair price, you would do well offering one as an aftermarket option

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I tend to believe that if you can come up with a decent alternative at a fair price, you would do well offering one as an aftermarket option
I've had that plan in the works since the day I made my deposit.
Being retired, finding a niche product I can build and sell would come very easy for me; and in a virgin market, who knows how well it would do. ;)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've had that plan in the works since the day I made my deposit.
Being retired, finding a niche product I can build and sell would come very easy for me; and in a virgin market, who knows how well it would do. ;)

I do know you have at least one highly interested potential customer .. :cool:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just kidding around; I have no idea which parts I want to build first.
Anything I do will be a kit you'll install yourself, so I have a lot of work to do before it goes to market.

When I first looked at doing this I was figuring interior parts, just like the ones that Elio will offer, but I'll do mine with LED mood lighting (like so many cars have today).
The dash is going to be worked on as soon as I have capital raised because I know I have to do a kit that the average person can install. I'll probably do the first few in-house.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just kidding around; I have no idea which parts I want to build first.
Anything I do will be a kit you'll install yourself, so I have a lot of work to do before it goes to market.

When I first looked at doing this I was figuring interior parts, just like the ones that Elio will offer, but I'll do mine with LED mood lighting (like so many cars have today).
The dash is going to be worked on as soon as I have capital raised because I know I have to do a kit that the average person can install. I'll probably do the first few in-house.
You MAY be in luck with the Elio as I think they are making it easy to upgrade.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You MAY be in luck with the Elio as I think they are making it easy to upgrade.
That's where I have to be careful and not "steal" (or should I say borrow) from their toy box.
I ran into a problem like that before and it wasn't nice.
I want to offer something different from their add-ons but still will work on the vehicle with "fit like a glove" consistency.

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the idea of a turbo, and that it will probably increase gas mileage as well as horsepower... However I am unlikely to ever get it if I don't get it right from the start, and rolled into my payments... On my 2nd Elio, sure!
The article referenced a supercharger, rather than a turbocharger.

Top Bottom