• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Rear Window / Rear View Camera

Johnny Kim

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I noticed that Elio does not have a rear window, thus, no rear view mirror? Is it because the Elio is classified as motorcycle? Or is it because the car has a narrow rear?

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Rear view camera are and inexpensive add anymore.. don't even have to run cables as there are wireless ones

No kidding, I bought a double-din radio for my truck earlier this year and when I went to order a back up camera I was shocked at how cheap they were, some as low as $10. My $20 one is waterproof and has a basic infrared night vison built in.

Paul Heitzman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Elio is incorporating a trunk lid in the next prototype and I once thought that I could cut a small window in that, however, the rear seat will cover all of the area where one would put a window anyway. Also, You just can't see anything but your head in a tandem arranged seating vehicle. You could mount a convex mirror to one side or the other of your head if you wish to see the person in the back seat. The car is so narrow that the external mirrors will give you all of the sight lines of a normal vehicle anyway. Think of how many delivery vans have operated for years with only side mirrors. The rear cameras are a nice addition to modern vehicles. I have one on my new car and still have to think about looking at the radio instead of using the mirrors and turning my head to look through the blind spots.:cool:

Top Bottom