• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oddball Elio Ideas

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is my edited image of a possible Checker Cab Elio idea. I did this more for laughs and to learn GIMP software, of which I'm still a beginner.

Elio taxi.png

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is my edited image of a possible Checker Cab Elio idea. I did this more for laughs and to learn GIMP software, of which I'm still a beginner.

View attachment 322
Not half bad for a beginner. LOL I love it! Isn't Checker Cab the company that had their cars custom built to take a beating and last forever? I vaguely remember reading something about it many years ago. Have fun with your GIMP software. You're off to great start. :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not half bad for a beginner. LOL I love it! Isn't Checker Cab the company that had their cars custom built to take a beating and last forever? I vaguely remember reading something about it many years ago. Have fun with your GIMP software. You're off to great start. :) Z

All you would have to do is customize a curb side passenger door and you will be in business. This really could be a good business and cheep.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just put a hot box on the back seat, strap it in and have it accessible from a flip down passenger side window. Hook up the hot box up to a hose coming from the heater or make the whole trunk an insulated hot box.
I actually thought that pizza delivery is a great fit, the people that have to do this job are putting in a lot of miles and gas just to deliver a couple of boxes for most deliveries. I just like the Taxi coloring idea to try first.

I think the next best commercial application for the Elio is the Zip Cars. I'm sure most of those cars are single occupant only. The fleet has plenty of compacts now. Imagine the Elio's popularity if Zip Car could offer the Elio for half or 2/3 the price per mile or hour that they charge now for their compact cars.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a link to a tutorial on how to do this type of modification?
First, I started with a GIMP (.xcf) file that Silas Sunday publicly shared through his old Elio Motors Design Concepts Facebook page, his new page doesn't have the link to the file. He had a lot of pre made "layers". You could just turn what you want on or off and there are a bunch of designs already pre made by Silas. However he encouraged us to do our own designs and share with him.

GIMP 2.8 is a free software that is a popular alternative to photoshop.

Silas shared this file I am speaking of on Google Drive, it is a rather large file, about 300 MB. I think this is the link:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6x-iFcEGoxTQ0FLREpZNFNNYmc&export=download

Let me know if it doesn't work.

I copied the Yellow Cab images from Google image searches and copied the items and manipulated them in GIMP.

The only tutorial I watched was on youtube, it was okay and did help a little, but I intend to look around for more.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually thought that pizza delivery is a great fit, the people that have to do this job are putting in a lot of miles and gas just to deliver a couple of boxes for most deliveries. I just like the Taxi coloring idea to try first.

I think the next best commercial application for the Elio is the Zip Cars. I'm sure most of those cars are single occupant only. The fleet has plenty of compacts now. Imagine the Elio's popularity if Zip Car could offer the Elio for half or 2/3 the price per mile or hour that they charge now for their compact cars.

I would send this suggestion to the Elio Team: Use the contact menu at the bottom of the website home page....... :)

Top Bottom