• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ohio's Elio Owners Meeting A Rousing Success

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At 42,000 committed buyers, times 6,800.00, they have well over $285.6 Million Dollars (minimum, most likely a lot more when you add all the extras in) in gross revenue in orders, that will likely quadruple once it starts being built in just the first year and more and more people want one. Right now the numbers are stagnating because there is no firm financing in place.

If 286 Million dollars in firm orders isn't enough confidence for financial backers to lend them the necessary money, I don't know what it will take, and it sure looks like this project won't go anywhere soon, and we surely won't have it built by next year unless something happens, and REAL quick.
No one has paid them 6800 dollars so no they do not have that money. It is unknown how many who have reserved will take custody of a vehicle so they can't even project how much they will received.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
agree that it would be best for all concerned for good news to come from EM about a wide range of topics .... financing being one of the big ones .... the fact of the matter is, nobody outside of EM's key people know the status of the project .... persons predicting doom and gloom, roses and smooth sailing, or anything in between are just guessing .... in time (hopefully a relatively short time) we will know

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At 42,000 committed buyers, times 6,800.00, they have well over $285.6 Million Dollars (minimum, most likely a lot more when you add all the extras in) in gross revenue in orders, that will likely quadruple once it starts being built in just the first year and more and more people want one. Right now the numbers are stagnating because there is no firm financing in place.

If 286 Million dollars in firm orders isn't enough confidence for financial backers to lend them the necessary money, I don't know what it will take, and it sure looks like this project won't go anywhere soon, and we surely won't have it built by next year unless something happens, and REAL quick.
Billj,
I'm confident that you were initially giving congrats and best wishes...
And honestly man, I hear the rest of your rationale, but...
My bottom line is: Can you move this off-topic subject to another thread?
I'm sure there are many of us that will be more than happy to follow you there to continue the discussion.

It would be the most appropriate thing to do to show the folks that started this thread some deserved respect.
Just let us know where you're moving this train of thought to, and we're there.

Last edited:

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
No one has paid them 6800 dollars so no they do not have that money. It is unknown how many who have reserved will take custody of a vehicle so they can't even project how much they will received.

I didn't say they had the money, I said they had "orders" for that much.... Why are you misquoting me ? Most people who put the money down will buy the car, so it would be very safe to say 285 Million is already committed to buying the car, which should give enough confidence for the money lender to go ahead with a loan.

These cars will sell like hotcakes once they're up and building them.... Elio Motors needs to get get the financing done right away. If it doesn't happen by the end of June, it surely won't be built in 2016.... There is still too much that needs to be done to get the car rolling off of an assembly line that hasn't even started to be built yet. I want this to happen as much as anyone else, but you also have to be realistic about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
At the meeting in Columbus we did some speculating but mostly we celebrated the accomplishments Paul Elio and his team has made. Changing Laws is hard, Giving up everything and going on the road with the tour team is an opportunity of a life time but a pretty bony thing to do. And I can tell ya, they do it well. Most everybody in attendance had adopted the dream. I did. It is my dream ... my parade. Hang in there folks we'll be getting new soon, I am sure of it.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LillyMay has it right. It's my dream…my parade.

Each of us view the dream differently. There is no correct way to view this process. But, that's the fun of it all. Meeting new people with varied backgrounds, education and ideas. This Elio adventure has been a wonderful experience including all the bumps in the road.

Thank you to all those in attendance at our second Ohio get together. You are all a big part of my dream.

Top Bottom