• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oil Price Watchdog - Bad News Is Goodnews - Maybe

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, Oil costs are slowly going back up. I wonder how long it will take until fracking brings it under control? I think fracking investment will be a much more restrained response than it was during the last peak-oil-price era. From:money.cnn.com

"Crude is going to go from a glut to a shortage in the next two years," Bass, the founder and chief investment officer of Hayman Capital Management, told Richard Quest on CNNMoney's "Markets Now" on Wednesday.
Bass thinks that investors are overestimating the impact that electric cars will have on demand for gas.

"There's a view around the world that electric cars are going to really affect hydrocarbon demand in the near term," Bass said. But he thinks that electric cars won't "even dent" demand for traditional fuel until about 2030.

Oil prices have indeed been rising in the United States. Related: You'll pay 14% more for gas this summer, forecast says...

Even so, this can only help the investment attractiveness of the Elio.

To tell the truth as I best know it, neither Obama or Trump had much affect on the incomes of the average American or the economy as a whole, it was the price of oil everyone!
And the biggest impact to oil pricing, eventually will likely be the electric bus fleet conversions going on in China. 350k Electric busses? (17% of their entire fleet, intending to go to 100% of city busses)

Still, they will burn some OIL for electricity, but initially switching to more coal, then eventual alternatives (hydro, wind, solar and thorium) as time moves on.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does it ALSO help that Ford says it's killing all it's car lines except the Mustang and Focus Active Cross Over. It's going to get harder and harder for young drivers to buy American...

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does it ALSO help that Ford says it's killing all it's car lines except the Mustang and Focus Active Cross Over. It's going to get harder and harder for young drivers to buy American...
THAT’s the truth!

Cars are ridiculously expensive - and getting worse!

The big guys will NEVER make a vehicle such as the Elio! The country (world) needs a practical vehicle more than ever. We NEED the Elio!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THAT’s the truth!

Cars are ridiculously expensive - and getting worse!

The big guys will NEVER make a vehicle such as the Elio! The country (world) needs a practical vehicle more than ever. We NEED the Elio!
The world has plenty of cheap practical vehicles. Those are sold to third world countries. As for the US we are not, thus the reason why people don't buy practical cheap cars in droves. They but they buy what they want.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, Oil costs are slowly going back up. I wonder how long it will take until fracking brings it under control? I think fracking investment will be a much more restrained response than it was during the last peak-oil-price era. From:money.cnn.com

Even so, this can only help the investment attractiveness of the Elio.

To tell the truth as I best know it, neither Obama or Trump had much affect on the incomes of the average American or the economy as a whole, it was the price of oil everyone!
And the biggest impact to oil pricing, eventually will likely be the electric bus fleet conversions going on in China. 350k Electric busses? (17% of their entire fleet, intending to go to 100% of city busses)

Still, they will burn some OIL for electricity, but initially switching to more coal, then eventual alternatives (hydro, wind, solar and thorium) as time moves on.
And China's oil consumption will still do nothing but accelerate despite all this. Watch and see.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't stress this enough, please go to China and live there for at least 5 months. China is way ahead of the US when it comes to alternative energy and working hard to stop relying on oil. No matter what i say doesn't matter because you need to see it for yourself.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Update note... clip from ABC News...
..... keeps the recent increase in perspective, noting that three years ago he and his fellow Californians were paying over $4 per gallon. But he's already weighing his options, saying if gas goes to $4 a gallon he'll buy a more fuel-efficient car to use as his main ride and drive the Land Cruiser only when he needs it. ...

Just saying, when solutions are needed people start getting a more open mind.

Top Bottom