1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Okc Area - Hoping To Pick Up Two Elios.

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by Maxvla, May 8, 2014.

1. Maxvla

Maxvla New Member

Greetings all,

I've been shopping for a car for approximately two years to replace my 2006 Grand Prix, which is a gas guzzler. 90% of my driving is city and I only drive about 5,000 miles and have no spouse/kids/pets so I have been looking for something just like the Elio, a personal transport without the added costs of 4+ seats and the poor economy that goes with that body style.

My mother is also interested in an Elio as she drives about 1.5 hrs a day and her SUV needs to be relegated to cargo/family hauler. The difference in gas alone will pay for her Elio.

We're both waiting for more concrete proof that the cars will indeed be built before we commit at any level. We didn't find out about the Elio until after the showing last month here in OKC, unfortunately, so hopefully there will be another opportunity.

2. zelio

zelio Elio Addict

Hi and welcome from Oregon, Maxvla and Mom. Sounds like you both are great candidates for one of our Elios. My older son introduced me to the Elio in January and I have been following it ever since. I will actually get to see one in July in Portland, OR. I can't wait. You have joined an eccentric group of experienced, knowledgeable and interesting people with a passion for Elio. As a result there are lots of discussions, information traded, creativity, stories told, pictures and videos shared, speculation argued over plus non-Elio topics shared and discussed. I have found it to be a fascinating way to explore everything Elio and I hope you do also. Next year in our Elios! :-) Z

3. Joshua Caldwell

Joshua Caldwell Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome :)
    2004 Grand Prix here, gas and oil guzzler.

zelio likes this.
  4. Jim H

Jim H Elio Addict

Welcome to the Elio forum where you will find the latest information, rumors, opinions, helpful friendly people and hours of entertainment. We all are here for the same reasons you are - a safe, reliable, inexpensive and exciting vehicle. Enjoy the journey

TCBronson, zelio and Dustoff like this.
  5. DailyLunatic

DailyLunatic Elio Addict

OKC here as well. Driving a Chevy Cobalt '06. City mostly, & no real problems, but its time to start looking for a replacement.

Daughter gets the Cobalt, I'll get the Mario Mobile...

-sterling

Jeff Porter, TCBronson and HonestTex like this.
  6. HonestTex

HonestTex Elio Addict

Tulsa area here, driving a '00 Olds Alero. Daughter will take it to college in Aug. and I'llbe in the '97 Ranger til my Elio arrives.

Jeff Porter, TCBronson and Okie51 like this.
  7. phonetrbl

phonetrbl Elio Fan

Jenks, Ok....
    We are all waiting with baited breath.
    Have several friends that are All In, but we are just bottom feeders, and have our reservations and only put up $100.
    Sure hope it comes true that we get to drive away in an Elio SOMEDAY.

Marshall likes this.
  8. wizard of ahs

wizard of ahs Elio Addict

Even at the $100 level, you'll get your "E" within the first production year..........IIRC, Paul said that reservations would be cut off at the max production level for the first year !

Jambe likes this.