• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Open-wheel Toyota Concept Looks Allot Like An Elio ......

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Under engineered :(
The narrow VW 2 seater concept I thought had real possibility as a functional commuter was this one. Looks like half a VW Beetle.
image.jpg

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The narrow VW 2 seater concept I thought had real possibility as a functional commuter was this one. Looks like half a VW Beetle.
View attachment 5878
Code named in German Würstchen.... :rolleyes:

Ok, I just made that up, I actually do like VW's particularly Jetta's and have owned a number of them over the years.:)

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Toyota and VW build autos in their USA manufacturing plants along with providing dealerships that provide sales and servicing jobs. They have invested Billions in the USA. VW owns the controlling share in the company (IAV) that designed, built, and tested the Elio engine. I see nothing wrong with a little foreign influence when it comes to autos. I do look for made in the USA before I buy any product.

the line for foreign and American cars is definitely blurred. Almost any car driving in the US is made in America, by American workers. The only difference is where the company's headquarters are located.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the line for foreign and American cars is definitely blurred. Almost any car driving in the US is made in America, by American workers. The only difference is where the company's headquarters are located.
Which, is where the profits go. How many USA manufacturer's autos were sold in Japan in the past year? Germany? Hmmm....I have no issue with people buying the auto of their choice - I only ask that foreign buyers are given the same choices by their governments.

Top Bottom