• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Speaks With The Press

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you guys think of all of these?
Sheesh. What a HUGE turnout for the press conference eh?
And how 'bout that Victoria? What a little beechnut she is!
At least Paul showed that he may have grown a pair.

"We've raised 111 Million dollars and we've spent it wisely...." Hmmm.

Thank you Joeker. As always, great video.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you guys think of all of these?
How can you not like this guy, always glass half full! :D Ok, so we all get it that he's handicapped by SEC what he can and can't share to the public..or most importantly to us reservation holders BUT at least he's allowed to announce how much they NOW (at present time) NEED to start production which is what..376 million? Since this huge amount is all tied in to actual production, that's pretty much all I need to know! No funding, no production. So we wait for the next announcement....maybe 500 million needed by 2018 if funding does not materialize??? Give the man a cigar! :D

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How can you not like this guy, always glass half full! :D Ok, so we all get it that he's handicapped by SEC what he can and can't share to the public..or most importantly to us reservation holders BUT at least he's allowed to announce how much they NOW (at present time) NEED to start production which is what..376 million? Since this huge amount is all tied in to actual production, that's pretty much all I need to know! No funding, no production. So we wait for the next announcement....maybe 500 million needed by 2018 if funding does not materialize??? Give this guy a cigar! :D
Lest we not forget, part of that as-yet-nonexistent $376M is now earmarked for 158 S-series vehicles...
And whatever further R&D it takes to get a real production-ready prototype to tool up from.

"We've raised 111 Million dollars and we've spent it wisely...." Hmmm.

So... Let's reflect...
Keep in mind that spending $14M of (in reality) $140M "wisely" produced 5 unfinished prototypes.

Now... It doesn't matter whether all $14M was spent directly on those prototypes or not.
That's what it took to keep the company going, outsource R&D, and enable it to produce those 5 prototypes.
That's over and above the all-in deposits received during those builds.

And it took a year to do that.

$14M / 5 = $2.8M per prototype. $2.8M x 158 = $442,400,000.

Hmmm.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Joeker88, Sounds like you're saying you're not going to produce any more videos. I think we would all agree that would be a shame.
I don't think there's much chance of that happening. Lucky for us, making videos seems to be Joeker's heroin. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom