• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pet Peeves

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Kinda bored today, so will see if we can do a thread on Pet Peeves. I started to list mine on another thread, and thought it would be best to have a separate thread.

So tell me yours!

Here's some of mine:
  1. When I ask someone a question and they say "Well, yes and no." It's gotta be one or the other! Is that wall gray? "Well, yes and no." #@$^&!
  2. "It is what it is." Is that right??? It is what it is, eh? Man, all this time, I thought it was something it wasn't. How 'bout you 'splain what "it is".
  3. Movie trailers in the last few years: what's with the flashes of 1/4-of-a-second clips? Why would you show me a trailer for a movie, such that I get a headache when it's being shown??
  4. Movie trailers in the last few years: the flash of a clip that immediately fades to black. What WAS that? Gosh, I dunno, but it sure makes me wanna go see the movie to see what that flash-and-fade-to-black was. *pause for effect* NOT!
:D:confused::mad:

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Choof! Here's a few of mine, in no particular order...

1 Over roasted coffee. (Most of what Starbucks sells.)

2. My wife leaning over my shoulder, questioning every move I make while I repair something. (After 18 years of marriage, I think we've finally reached detente on this one! :-) )

3. The Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles.

4. Computer printers...

5. Leaving home to go back to work.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. People who can't mind their own business and insist on getting into mine!
2. Cars today that are not made with turn signals.
3. Finding a product you like, only to find out in 6 months it's no longer carried by the store or has been discontinued.
4. Empty shelf space on a sale item, the day the sale goes into effect.
5. Purchasing a perishable product, only to find out once you get home, it expired 3 weeks ago.
6. People who think the World, Country, State, County, Company, Boss, Parents or friends owe them something when they haven't done a thing to deserve it.
I could go on and on but I'll save you all from my peeves, because I could be on your list!:rolleyes::D

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Choof! Here's a few of mine, in no particular order...

1 Over roasted coffee. (Most of what Starbucks sells.)

2. My wife leaning over my shoulder, questioning every move I make while I repair something. (After 18 years of marriage, I think we've finally reached detente on this one! :) )

3. The Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles.

4. Computer printers...

5. Leaving home to go back to work.

LOL, nice list! "Leaving home to go back to work" is my favorite.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. People who can't mind their own business and insist on getting into mine!
2. Cars today that are not made with turn signals.
3. Finding a product you like, only to find out in 6 months it's no longer carried by the store or has been discontinued.
4. Empty shelf space on a sale item, the day the sale goes into effect.
5. Purchasing a perishable product, only to find out once you get home, it expired 3 weeks ago.
6. People who think the World, Country, State, County, Company, Boss, Parents or friends owe them something when they haven't done a thing to deserve it.
I could go on and on but I'll save you all from my peeves, because I could be on your list!:rolleyes::D

Great list, excellent! There are cars made today with no turn signals? Your #6 is my favorite.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a pet peeve but it got out of its cage and ran away. :eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6YxV0DikZduIq2NI1W89o4wnRnekqU7IszLmsYGXQ7CbxV10o.jpg

Top Bottom